By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan and the console market.

Just a quick question

To all the people that said otherwise: 

Does Japan matter in the console market now that Wii Fit is selling out? 

Why I posted this:

I remember reading a few weeks ago when SMG launched a few threads on Japan not mattering in the console market, now that Wii Fit is selling out, are people going to change their tunes? 

Around the Network

Of course people are gonna say otherwise; it happens all the time. Japan matters to the PS3 group now that its selling well again, it stopped mattering for the Wii bunch when the sales dropped dramatically. Now that it'll boost again due to Wii Fit it'll matter to them, but not to us type thing.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Japan does matter in the console market it just matters far less than it did before.

percentage wise Japan just isnt as powerful as it used to be. Of course its still the development powerhouse that it always was.

DMeisterJ said:

Just a quick question

Why I posted this:

I remember reading a few weeks ago when SMG launched a few threads on Japan not mattering in the console market, now that Wii Fit is selling out, are people going to change their tunes? 

Yes, Japan matters.

It's:

1) Us

2) Europe

3) Japan

4) UK

In order of biggest to smaller.

People saying Japan 'doesn't matter' anymore are actually meaning that the more 'Hardcore' or 'Real' games are starting to see a decline in sales in comparison to their predecessors... (example: Sunshine vs Galaxy).

Add to that that the 'non-gamer' games or 'casual' games start to see bigger sales in Japan and we have a conclusion that leads to:

'Japan doesn't matter anymore' because it's not dominated anymore by 'real' games... As some like to call it.

I however don't care if it's casual or hardcore... But i find it sad to see Mario Galaxy or Zelda TP sell worse then games like Brain Training or something else in Japan.

THE NETHERLANDS

I think its pretty silly for any one to say japan, is not important to the console market, fanboy or not. Every territory is important, i thoutght the Ps2, Wii and Ds have proven this. Being strong in only one territory, is not a benefit to anyone in the long run. Period.

Around the Network

I had faith in the Japanese market, I said it would rise, but no, none of you believed me.

It's official, I had 1 right prediction. I am now as accurate as JohnLucas.

Worship me.

StarcraftManiac said:
DMeisterJ said:

Just a quick question

Why I posted this:

I remember reading a few weeks ago when SMG launched a few threads on Japan not mattering in the console market, now that Wii Fit is selling out, are people going to change their tunes?

Yes, Japan matters.

It's:

1) Us

2) Europe

3) Japan

4) UK

People saying Japan 'doesn't matter' anymore are actually meaning that the more 'Hardcore' or 'Real' games are starting to see a decline in sales in comparison to their predecessors... (example: Sunshine vs Galaxy).

Add to that that the 'non-gamer' games or 'casual' games start to see bigger sales in Japan and we have a conclusion that leads to:

'Japan doesn't matter anymore' because it's not dominated anymore by 'real' games... As some like to call it.

I however don't care if it's casual or hardcore... But i find it sad to see Mario Galaxy or Zelda TP sell worse then games like Brain Training or something else in Japan.

Funny, the UK is IN europe...

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Bladeneo said:
StarcraftManiac said:
DMeisterJ said:

Just a quick question

Why I posted this:

I remember reading a few weeks ago when SMG launched a few threads on Japan not mattering in the console market, now that Wii Fit is selling out, are people going to change their tunes?

Yes, Japan matters.

It's:

1) Us

2) Europe

3) Japan

4) UK

*Slow clap*

@starcraft

just like how Japan is IN Asia....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Bladeneo said:
StarcraftManiac said:
DMeisterJ said:

Just a quick question

Why I posted this:

Yes, Japan matters.

It's:

1) Us

2) Europe

3) Japan

4) UK

Are you REALLY as stupid as i think you are?!

Jeesh, im just saying. When the UK is counted seperatedly it would be ranked No4. in biggest markets Ww.

I'm not saying the UK isn't in Europe...

THE NETHERLANDS