By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 games of E3

1 - Parasite Eve: 3rd Birthday

2 - Gran Turismo 5

3 - Dragon Quest IX

4 - Donkey Kong Country Returns

5 - Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Halo Reach---everything about this game looks perfect.  Better firefight, forge, theater, best MP experience, campaign looks better then every other Halo put together!

Halo Reach--such a good looking game that it deserves 2 spots on this list.

Killzone 3--Epic and I mean EPIC set pieces.  From what I saw it looks sick as hell.

Fable 3--Looks better then the first Fable which was amazing as hell.

Dance Central--I love the DDR games (even though I have 2 left feet) and this game looks like so much fun....and no annoying dance pad!

So far..

1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo)
  2. Child of Eden (Ubisoft / Q? Entertainment)
  3. Kid Icarus: Uprising (Nintendo / Project Sora)
  4. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (Nintendo / Camelot Software Planning)
  5. Kirby's Epic Yarn (Nintendo / Good Feel)

1.) Donkey Kong Country Returns.
2.) Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.
3.) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
4.) Kirby: Epic Yarn
5.) Kid Icarus

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

1. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn: I was afraid that moving to 3D would effect the game's charm, but I have to say that it looks and plays great.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: We're finally getting a new console Zelda! The graphics are fitting, and the controls are said to be perfect. With the gameplay portion supposedly already completed, Nintendo has over 6 months to polish the game and make it even better.

3. Twisted Metal: I've been waiting for a new TM for about 7 years now, and I was very impressed with the gameplay footage. With Jaffe promising a strong single player mode in addition to the multi, I expect to have a tonne of fun with this game.

4. Donkey Kong Country Returns: I'm not sure if Retro could ever beat DKC1 or 2, but getting a new game in a series that I thought was dead and buried makes that question totally irrelevant.

5. Epic Mickey: I hadn't paid any attention to this game before yesterday, but seeing the gameplay footage, both 3D and 2D, blew me away.

Honerable mentions: OoT 3DS, Kid Icarus, Ghost Trick, MGS: Rising

Around the Network

1. Halo Reach

2. Crysis 2

3. Gears O War 3

4. Fable 3

5. BulletStorm

1 - Kirby Epic Yarn

2 - Paper Mario 3DS

3 - Kid Icarus

4 - Halo Reach

5 - Teh Legendzzz of zeeelda (Beacsue of the wait)

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

1. Pretty much everything from Nintendo - Is there ANYTHING from that confernece that nobody wants? Metroid, Kirby, DK, Icarus, Zelda, even NBA Jam and Epic Mickey look good.

2. The 3rd Birthday - Shame on SqEx for taking so bloody long on this one and even then not showing much. Still though, I'm excited to see Ms Brea once again

3. Vanquish - This is like Contra on acid

4. Devil's Third - Itagaki returns and he brings the whoop-ass

5. Fable 3 - Molyneux is definitely doing some radical stuff here. Hopefully it pays off

Runners up: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, MGS: Rising, Marvel vs Capcom 3

1. Zelda

2. Zelda

3. Zelda

4. Zelda 

5. Zelda

Any questions?