By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Sorcery? don't make me laugh....  stupid goblins wandering around randomly at an embarassing frame rate, compared to zelda, lol....

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

before I read the comments I'd like to say that Sorcery was my treat of E3

Call me corny and cheezy but remember last year's E3 when the idea of the "bulb" changing colors when different spells could be casted was pitched? well, I thought that was an amazing idea. 

the controls, power measuring, freezing, tornado, flame balls and flame shield spells all made the nerd in me scream. When I saw the flame mixed into the tornado I was sold. I was kind skeptic when I started to think, "what if he gets swamped by a dozen enemies at once?" but when I saw that seismic spell my imagination went wild!

Really looking forward to this. 

Edit * oh OP Sorcery >>>>>>> Zelda

What did to me was the potion shaking. When the potion is ready the color will change to notify you. That's one of the unique features I believe. and yes I agree with all you just said. Sorcery is a must buy for me.

KylieDog said:
Grimes said:
KylieDog said:

Why do people make excuses for the bad control of Zelda?   Someone was using wifi and it interferred?   Oh well thank god wifi isn't ever used anywhere that someone might play a Wii console.  Oh wait...

You do realize that the audience has hundreds of wifi access points and devices all being used simultaneously which is a very atypical situation. It even happened to during Apple and Google presentations recently.

Yet only Zelda was affected.  Amazing.

Haven't you read any of the hands-on reports by people who actually tried out the game themselves afterwards? They unanimously said the controls work flawlessly.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

KylieDog said:
Grimes said:
KylieDog said:

Why do people make excuses for the bad control of Zelda?   Someone was using wifi and it interferred?   Oh well thank god wifi isn't ever used anywhere that someone might play a Wii console.  Oh wait...

You do realize that the audience has hundreds of wifi access points and devices all being used simultaneously which is a very atypical situation. It even happened to during Apple and Google presentations recently.

Yup, amazing that wireless activity would be highest when Miyamoto is demoing Zelda. Quite shocking.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Zelda has the world and history and mythology that no developer (outside of Bioware) has replicated. Except Bioware forces it in your face. The Zelda mythos and world is much more subtle. From the architecture to the way different races speak, it's all there. That's what sorcery won't have. Even if the gameplay is better (which it won't be) it won't be able to deliver the "whole package" that Zelda can.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Grimes said:
KylieDog said:
Grimes said:
KylieDog said:

Yup, amazing that wireless activity would be highest when Miyamoto is demoing Zelda. Quite shocking.

Of course the people in the audience just turned off their streams and such during the rest of the presentations.  Reaching.

it was a pretty witty reach I'll give him that! lol.

KylieDog said:
Grimes said:
KylieDog said:
Grimes said:
KylieDog said:

Of course the people in the audience just turned off their streams and such during the rest of the presentations.  Reaching.

Well, if you want to believe that it was a flaw in the game and the dozens of people who demoed the game are lying, that's up to you.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Dgc1808 said:

Sucks how for some people, Zelda wins because it's Zelda...

If Zelda is ANYTHING like the previous titles, it's automatically one of the best games ever made. Of my top 10 games of all time list, there are five Zelda games, and they're in the top 5 spots. 

Zelda does win because it's Zelda. Not just because I'm a Zelda fanboy (because I am) but because it's the only series that I've ever played that every single game in the series was flawless in every way. There were things that I didn't agree with, sure, but I've never seen a "flawed" concept or design in a Zelda game.

lol.  I like how Kylie won't even acknowledge the dozens of hands on Zelda reports that said the controls worked and were like "yeah, must've been interference".

KylieDog said:
Grimes said:
KylieDog said:

What other game was demoed during the Nintendo conference?  Oh wait, there wasn't one.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)