By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Nintendo just Dreamcast the PSP2?

Snake Eater? Persona? Was I asleep when they announced all of this :S God Damn

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

AND KOJIMA IS DIRECTING IT? DAMN IM BUYING

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Yeah. I'm thinking Sony should just bow out of the portable market now. Did they make any money off the PSP, and it's numerous revisions?

I mean look at what DS ended up doing. And no one believed in it. Now everyone is salivating for the 3DS. This should be a sales monster.

ElGranCabeza said:
jarrod said:
ElGranCabeza said:
jarrod said:

I fully expect a "Monster Hunter 3D" deathblow announcement at TGS.  PSP2/PSPhone is gonna be fucked so hard...

I guarantee that's not gonna happen at this TGS. This TGS will be all about MHP3, Capcom learned their lesson after RE4 PS2-GC debacle and don't want to hurt their own sales. They only announced MHP3 after MH3 was out of the Top 50 in Japan and a million seller. They'll announce a MHP3D for 3DS at TGS 2011 though for sure.

I dunno, we can still get an unspecific franchise announcement, and still see Capcom focus on MHP3 for this year.  Look at Square Enix with KH at E3, they didn't hold back on their 3DS announcement just to give BBS some time to shine... TGS really is the perfect time...

True, but KH BBS already launched in Japan 6 months ago and it won't sell in the west regardless. It would be a MAJOR surprirse if they announce MH 3DS this year. My bet is on next year or on Famitsu somewhere. I think at this year TGS Capcom will showcase the RE game, maybe bring out an Onimusha or BoF or something like that, maybe even that MH spin off game, but not MH3DS yet, that would literally kill MHP3 sales and Capcom doesn't want that.

Oh, I don't think they'll announce a version of MH3 or MHP3 specifically.  They'll just announce "Monster Hunter franchise" or whatever, probably with no media of ay sort.  But I do expect an announcement.

I also think we'll see a Rockman game (maybe using that wasted 2.5d PSP engine?), and hopefully a MVC3 port announced.

I fully believe Nintendo has killed off consoles. No more MGS on PS3/PSP? No More RE on PSP, PS3? Damn No MOre Final Fantasy's?

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
ElGranCabeza said:
darthdevidem01 said:
jarrod said:
ElGranCabeza said:
jarrod said:

I fully expect a "Monster Hunter 3D" deathblow announcement at TGS.  PSP2/PSPhone is gonna be fucked so hard...

I guarantee that's not gonna happen at this TGS. This TGS will be all about MHP3, Capcom learned their lesson after RE4 PS2-GC debacle and don't want to hurt their own sales. They only announced MHP3 after MH3 was out of the Top 50 in Japan and a million seller. They'll announce a MHP3D for 3DS at TGS 2011 though for sure.

I dunno, we can still get an unspecific franchise announcement, and still see Capcom focus on MHP3 for this year.  Look at Square Enix with KH at E3, they didn't hold back on their 3DS announcement just to give BBS some time to shine... TGS really is the perfect time...

I agree this TGS square will be all about supporting 3DS (and PS3).

FF5 remake please (and FF6 but it will come after FF5).

Yes but we're discussing whether or not MH3DS will be announced at this year's TGS or not. It will certainly be announced at some point, but I really doubt it'll be announced this year for the reasons I already mentioned.

Expect a MH3 DS announced and a DQX DS announced.

But next TGS not this one. I don't think SONY will let go of MH3 P exclusivity for at least 6 months.

I dunno if 3DS will manage to steal DQX, I expect that game's probably too far along to just switch gears now, it really should be at this TGS (for Wii) and they've already started with the spinoff lead ups (DQM Battle Road) anyway.  I do fully expect DQXI to go to 3DS though, and I wouldn't rule out a DQVII remake (which Wii is also probably getting) and DQVIII/X ports.

Personally though, I'm hoping we get Slime Morimori 3 on 3DS. :D

Yridian said:

Yeah. I'm thinking Sony should just bow out of the portable market now. Did they make any money off the PSP, and it's numerous revisions?

I mean look at what DS ended up doing. And no one believed in it. Now everyone is salivating for the 3DS. This should be a sales monster.

Why would they bow out? They made money on every PSP sold. They also gave Nintendo quite the fight.

ShadowSoldier said:

I fully believe Nintendo has killed off consoles. No more MGS on PS3/PSP? No More RE on PSP, PS3? Damn No MOre Final Fantasy's?

It wouldn't be a bad route to take.  Imagine the reaction if they announced FFXV for 3DS... lol!

I wished Nintendo gave a launch date and price on the 3DS. Maybe they'll say something in September/October.

For Nintendo to "Dreamcast" the PSP2, the PSP would have to be released first and then burried under the immense hype and processing power of the 3DS.  I think a better comparison is to say that the  3DS will "Xbox 1" the PSP.  It should hit the market first, and even if the PSP2 releases with more power, it won't make a dent in the 3DS's success.