By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you think about Valve/Portal 2 (E3 Megaton) coming do PS3?

Endz said:

I don't see how it was a Megaton, Portal 2 was going to be released for PS3 like Portal 1 was. Just because of some negative PR stuff Gabe Newell said of the PS3 it is a Megaton?

Portal 1 was a pretty popular game but it was bundled with other amazing games, this is not a proven franchise yet.

Don't compare this to real megatons like Final Fantasy 13 on xbox or 2004 Zelda presentation.

There was nothing that pointed to Portal 2 being ported to the PS3 let alone being the better console version.   With Valve being as outspoken against the PS3 as they have been it wouldnt have been a surprise at all to see the PS3 skipped for this game, now it turns out it will be the premier version. 

Around the Network

@Endz

Portal 2 is the first game from Valve to PS3... Portal 1 is not a Valve game, it's a crap from EA.

Portal 2 from Valve on PS3 being the better console version is the biggest surprise of E3 2010 until now.

I assume it will be the better version due to MOVE. I dont think its that huge of an announcement. I am glad everyone will get a shot at this and future Valve games

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

badgenome said:
SpartanFX said:

I honestly don't think portal is that big to be considered a megaton.

No, but Gabe is.

I miss you so much, you are probably the biggest reason I still lurk this forum even with time being so sparse <3

Footnote: I choked on my coke

Footnote ver2: no beverage not the other coke.

Footnote ver3: maybe.

On topic: I'm more excited at the presence of valve than the announcement of portal 2 itself. The best version however still belongs on the PC.

badgenome said:
SpartanFX said:

No, but Gabe is.

LOL

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network

My only thought about Portal 2 is will it be a full priced game? Portal was a great stocking filler for 'The Orange Box' but as a standalone full blown retail....No Chance!!!!

PSN? or full retail?

jfonty said:

My only thought about Portal 2 is will it be a full priced game? Portal was a great stocking filler for 'The Orange Box' but as a standalone full blown retail....No Chance!!!!

PSN? or full retail?

It's going to be full retail, Valve has backed up the game with a much bigger budget, higher priority and a larger dev team. Portal 1 is more like a demo of the awesome that is going to be Portal 2.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

I certainly didn't see this coming.

I mean who did?

Like didn't Gabe Newell a few months ago say that he wished that the PS3 was more open like a Mac and not closed like a Gamecube? Now he's saying PS3 is the most open Console???

Didn't see it coming man.

mibuokami said:
badgenome said:
SpartanFX said:

No, but Gabe is.

I miss you so much, you are probably the biggest reason I still lurk this forum even with time being so sparse <3

Footnote: I choked on my coke

Footnote ver2: no beverage not the other coke.

Footnote ver3: maybe.

On topic: I'm more excited at the presence of valve than the announcement of portal 2 itself. The best version however still belongs on the PC.

Awwwww! /blush

Portal is easily in my top 5 games of this gen but, even as part of the "Orange Box", sold along side 4 other games, it didn't exactly set the world on fire as far as sales are concerned.  It was a huge surprise, no doubt, that Valve is backing the PS3 like that (my E3 prediction was Half Life 3 for PC/360, only!).  We'll see how much impact it has in the grand scheme of things, soon enough.