By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What do you think about Valve/Portal 2 (E3 Megaton) coming do PS3?

After years with the Valve’s Gabe Newell saying that PS3 is "terrbile", "flop", "failure", "too harder", bla bla bla.

Now they come back after all and announces the best version (on consoles) of Portal 2 for PlayStation 3.

How now the PS3 is the best console for a Valve game.

What do you think about this?

I'm very happy, especially now that they have no more excuses for launch all the awesome titles from Valve on the PS3. For me this was the biggest surprise of E3 (MEGATON).

Around the Network

I honestly don't think portal is that big to be considered a megaton.But you can be sure that L4D 3 will be multiplatform

I noticed he Could barely Walk, I think its all that money falling out of his ...Pockets  

but i think its great, cannot wait to play the game.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

@Spartan

Portal is  not big? It's considered one of most perfect games ever created. The announcement of Portal 2 stopped the Internet some months ago and gamers only talk about it.

Half Life 3 would have broken down the walls. Though I find those games are generic. But others think quite highly of them.

Around the Network

Doesn't intrest me.

I was actually expecting it, wasn't much of a surprise for me. When they brought Source to Mac with OpenGL, it opened up the possibility of bringing Portal 2 and other games to PS3, too. And to be honest, I would have been extremely disappointed if they hadn't announced it.

Now, saying that the PS3 version would be the best console version... that's a surprise.

Still, getting it on PC, user-generated maps FTW.

And I read something about Steam coming to PSN... what does that mean?

That's right, just one "d"

In b4 "it's addict"
-----------------------------------------------
Add me:

SpartanFX said:

I honestly don't think portal is that big to be considered a megaton.

No, but Gabe is.

It was extremely surprising to see Gabe out there,  especially after the way he hs been this gen towards the PS3.  

But this is good for the PS3,  maybe Valve will start to take it seriously as a console and expand their multiplat games to include the PS3.

I don't see how it was a Megaton, Portal 2 was going to be released for PS3 like Portal 1 was. Just because of some negative PR stuff Gabe Newell said of the PS3 it is a Megaton?

Portal 1 was a pretty popular game but it was bundled with other amazing games, this is not a proven franchise yet.

Don't compare this to real megatons like Final Fantasy 13 on xbox or 2004 Zelda presentation.