By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best E3 conference and why?

Microsoft

Presentation 4: What a joke, too focused on Kinetic and so many akward moments with the games and "exercises", Kojima's presentation was too short and the info on Gears 3 and Fable 3 wasn't enought (plus I really dislike the direction of Fable 3)

Games 6: 4 big titles (and yes we know about the multiplat) nothing really new, and the worst thing is Rare's debacle making a Wii Sports ripoff.

Trailers 5: New Halo and Gears are great. I was really disspoiting for Fable 3 hated the "military" theme on it, about Kinetic Trailers, bleh.

SCORE: 5, best luck next time.

Nintendo

Presentation 9: WOW, they really improve this after 2008 disaster and 2009 underwhelming  conference, this year was great every person on stage showed real passion for their products and even with the techical issues on the Zelda game it was a fun, gaming oriented conference.

Games 9: For me the real surprise wasn't DKC or Zelda. It was the amazing lineup for the 3DS, I haven't seen such a good selection of titles for a new console since the SNES days, some titles were really unexpected like MGS3, SSFIV and RE (I suppose that the PSP has been canceled)

Trailers 9: Kid Icarus and DKC were cool, Zelda was a bit of underwhelming in my opinion but some of the previews are quite possitive about the title.

Score 9, good Ninty you've been redemed from the turd 2008 was.

Sony

Presentation 8: I really like the last part of the conference, but I didn't dig the Move and Plus parts Kevin Butler was good but not as I expected, one of the elemets that took away some of the shock value was that almost every games showed in the conference was announced days ago .

Games 9: So we have finally a date for GT 5, and Twisted Metal looks good even if it isn't my favorite game. Unfortunally there was a big ausence here ........ where is The Last Guardian?

Trailers 8: Same as before, most of the stuff here was showed before. Sony needs to stops the leaks for the next E3.

Score 8.3 Good but could be a lot better.

Around the Network

Nintendo by far.

DK and 3DS alone were better than the other 2 combined (have you guys looked at the announced titles for this thing - they could do another conference just on them!)

And then there was Kirby, Zelda, Mario, Metroid (looking better than ever)

Now matter who you think got 1st or 2nd one thing is for sure.

Microsoft was last, only for incorporating Justin Bieber into their presentation

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

Nintendo revealed a new piece of hardware and Donkey Kong Country 4. They win.

Sony came in second, with a pretty nice Kevin Butler speech.

MS was way behind.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

3Ds was amazing just for that nintendo wins.

Sony gets a close second if not a tie, lbp2 looked great, infamous amazing, and b4 I wasn't even interested in the move but now I am because of sorcerer.

Microsoft enought said.

Fuck

Around the Network

Sony because KEVIN BUTLER was there!

Nintendo:

3DS with:

• Resident Evil
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Pro Evolution Soccer
  • Kid Ikarus
  • etc.etc..etc.

Wii:

• Donkey Kong Country 4
  • Zelda

sony hands down because they had the best shit by far

Id like to say Sony JUST BECAUSE TWISTED FUCKING METAL!

But naw, Nintendo had this one.

Nintendo gets a 9.5

Sony gets an 8

Microsoft gets a 5-6 (They messed up so bad in my eyes)

The 3ds is what won it for nintendo, that handheld is going to be amazing. i dont like the ds but will buy a 3ds day one. Zelda and a couple other games are going to be amazing too.Sony very close second first because they intergated move into so many awesome games and they have the best motion sensing device(wiiplus still lags and doesn't have the depth,Kinect has very noticable lag which is the reason i believe they havent shown any good/complex games with it like halo reach). Microsoft amazed me with how bad their conference was. I think i had the most hope they would drop megatons. From what they were showing kinect will provide shovelware just like the wii. Being one of the 2 HD consoles how the hell are you going to show all these pitiful graphic games when the ps3 has things like socom4 and fighter being shown off. Even the ps3 sports games has great graphics and your sports game look as cartoonish as the wii's.