By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword out in 2011!

Soriku said:

What I want to know is, what happened to the girl?

Zelda was awesome but controls need work unless it's interference. Need impressions. 2011 sucks though.

Just like Pokémon's films previews (the ones shown right after the credits of the current cinema one), which always show some important Pokémon (for Zoroark's film, they were Lugia and Ho-Oh) and never appear in the final version (or not the way they should, like Regigigas in Giratina & the Sky Warrior), the girl may also not be present. I hope she is, but there's a possibility of this happening.

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Around the Network

This is an example of cel shaded that I actually like. The characters are proportionate. No pumpkin heads and stupid little bodies here. I don't mind which art style they use as long as the characters look nice.

Other than that, I have to say that Nintendo left me with too little information. I really want to know more about the game. What we've seen so far is really nice but it was so little!

Oh and the trailer didn't even nearly have as much impact on me as Twilight Princess did (most epic Zelda announcement ever), but it was still nice.

Predict how long it will take for "Legend of Zelda: Awkward Sword"-jokes to show up!

Between the bow/arrow, sword use, bowling, whip, etc. was Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort games made solely for the purpose of training the casual player for this Zelda game?

The Hands-on stuff from Nintendo's E3 website seems to point in the direction that the controls are pretty well done, despite what was seen early. However, I'll wait to see a bit more impressions. 

Around the Network

To me that's the perfect art style for zelda... combining WW with TP was genius.

I dunno if I dig the art style. I mean, Link is badass as usual, but the environments seemed kinda blah. I hope it was just that particular section.

Other than that, I'm quite excited to see a new Zelda game. I dunno if it can top Twilight Princess, but I can tell I'll be getting my money's worth and then some out of this game, which is par for the course when it comes to Zelda.

Myamoto and that other zelda guy said something in those after show interview that i agree 100%

They made TP way too big in scope! This game will be more closed, a tight package!

YAY - no more Hyrule town filling 5 sections!

andremop said:

Myamoto and that other zelda guy said something in those after show interview that i agree 100%

They made TP way too big in scope! This game will be more closed, a tight package!

That would be Eiji Aonuma, and I include a too big Hyrule Field. Ididn't like riding Epona in TP and, therefore, I hated the Hyrule Field on the game.

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Maneco said:
andremop said:

That would be Eiji Aonuma, and I include a too big Hyrule Field. Ididn't like riding Epona in TP and, therefore, I hated the Hyrule Field on the game.

maybe that means we won't be seeing that overly long prologue we call TP's opening.