By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword out in 2011!

Too bad the Castlevania or Indiana Jones franchises failed to do a cool whip mechanic with WMP, so once again, Nintendo has to step up and show everybody else how to do it.

I like the whip, the beetle, and bomb bowling, but I do get the feeling that I'll wish aiming was IR instead of WMP. I guess we'll see in 2011.

Edit: For some silly reason, the new site hates the plus symbol. WTF?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
jneul said:

will i be the first to post this i hope so, it looks awesome:):)

._. *cries* NOOOO celshaded..

Riachu said:
Voltaire said:

The "technical difficulty" during the Zelda demo was a massive fail, but im hyped...kinda. I agree the trailer was disappointing, but not because its cel-shaded. I dont mind the graphics style at all.

I don't see what people are complaining about.  It's just TP's art style but cel-shaded.  They want to do something different so that people who are all "it's plays too much like previous games" can just shut up.  What do you mean by technical difficulty.

The WMP was all over the place. Nintendo blamed wireless devices in the room (could be, it kicked Steve Jobs' ass last week), but it certainly doesn't look good when you're presenting.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Not sure what to think.....

On one hand, the graphics are cell-shaded AND adult..... kinda weird. Plus a delay to 2011

On the other hand, it's Zelda AND the delay can fix some things....

woooohhh

20...11?

Around the Network

C'mon, guys, Toon Link is back!!! OMG, I was asking to God to do another main Zelda title with him. AND HE'S GROWN UP!!! I'm really looking forward to buy it!

Maneco's Hall of Lame
As of October 2010 and, hopefully, until the end of times

Notable Mentions (a.k.a. "Games I Played and Hated")

The Legend of Zelda:
Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Channel

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

If you watch the trailer, the motions were much more fluent, even without seeing the controller. 

2011!  Boo!

I absolutely love the artstyle though!

famousringo said:
Riachu said:
Voltaire said:

The "technical difficulty" during the Zelda demo was a massive fail, but im hyped...kinda. I agree the trailer was disappointing, but not because its cel-shaded. I dont mind the graphics style at all.

I don't see what people are complaining about.  It's just TP's art style but cel-shaded.  They want to do something different so that people who are all "it's plays too much like previous games" can just shut up.  What do you mean by technical difficulty.

The WMP was all over the place. Nintendo blamed wireless devices in the room (could be, it kicked Steve Jobs' ass last week), but it certainly doesn't look good when you're presenting.

I didnt look like anything a simple WM calibration wouldnt have solved.

awesome! glad they combined the "real" link with the toon link style. going for realism would be fail.

1. it doesn't suit zelda games

2. wii games that try to look realistic will always look dated compared to hd twins games.

i am sure this game will be the best looking (or one of the best looking) on wii!

and i have high hopes for it to become one of the best of the gen gameplay-wise!