By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft no longer making old 360 consoles!

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/14/microsoft-no-longer-making-current-360-console/

Microsoft has confirmed during its post- press conference / mass console giveaway "media roundtable" that it is no longer manufacturing the original Xbox 360 hardware in any form. A Microsoft representative has told Joystiq that the now-outdated machine will continue to be sold until stock runs out, but, after that, slim is totally in. Sure, you could get a discounted 360 before the slimmer model arrives at the end of the week -- but really, who'd do that after checking out the snazzy photos in the gallery below?

Around the Network

Well hopefully this will be at least as relyable as the Arcade version, if not more so. I wonder what chipsets are being used.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

i wonder if this new 360 will start outselling ps3 worldwide again. 

fingers crossed

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

So what if my current xbox rrods (something that will happen soon since 3 red rings popped this week...) ... will they send a slim one ? 

Freddy77 said:

So what if my current xbox rrods (something that will happen soon since 3 red rings popped this week...) ... will they send a slim one ? 

lol...you could always call and check. i would also cause my 360 to rrod if they replaced it with the new model. 

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Around the Network
shinyuhadouken said:
Freddy77 said:

lol...you could always call and check. i would also cause my 360 to rrod if they replaced it with the new model. 

If anyone finds out the answer to this question could they let us know. I'll find a way to Red Ring my 360.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

they will likely either fix your own console and return it to you, or provide you with a refurbished 360 of the same model.

its not like they were handing out new consoles previously when they went in for repair.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Hear that everyone?

RROD your consoles to get the slim and screw Microsoft out of your money.

If they have a refurbished one they will send that out to you. Otherwise it will take a little longer and repair yours. Not a chance they send you a new Xbox 360 S

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

i want this new 360 

is so sexy 

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad