By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Turn 10 Forza- Kinect demo was faked!

Xoj said:
JaggedSac said:

Yes, people have been playing with Kinect.  Read several impressions yesterday.  Eurogamer seemed to like it.

so real it predicts the future!!!

Around the Network
Xoj said:
JaggedSac said:

Yes, people have been playing with Kinect.  Read several impressions yesterday.  Eurogamer seemed to like it.

Xoj said:
JaggedSac said:

I'm pretty sure it's Forza 3? No? 

Raz you fail, Turn 10 won you over again with screenshots. Anyone who has played Forza 3 knows how it looks like dirt compared to the screenshots.

What is the big deal if it was faked or note. Nothing they showed in the demo have they not already shown in other games.  People have used NatalKinect since last year to show driving without a controller.  They have shown the cursor controls all over the Xbox interface to move the cursor around and select things. That is a core part of the new interface. Turn 10 simply showed it being used within Forza Next (whatever it is called). Maybe it was a video being acted out or maybe not. Doesnt really matter because it wasnt something new done with Kinect.  All of it can be done and probably all of it will be done.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

Why did you quote me in your 7 post spree?

theprof00 said:
Barozi said:

so what's the problem again ?

You can all do this in the game, so what's the difference between watching a gameplay trailer or a live gameplay demo ?

it's just not as impressive. They aren't confident in the performance of their own product. I'm sure all the sony and nintendo stuff will be realtime.

On some level its understandable that you would show prerecorded stuff to showcase what can be done. but the problem is that the movements the actor made didnt correctly correspond with the on screen movements, theres no idea of the timing and its dosent give an accurate representation of the product.

and its really dishonest when they dont say its prerecorded. if you show a video of motion control with someone pretending to use it, then what exactly are you showing. nintendo's motion control stuff at E3s has been done live. 

RAZurrection said:

The second half of the “Forza Motorsport Preview” presentation took the audience on a virtual tour of the new Ferrari 458 Italia within the expansive backdrop of the Bonneville Salt Flats in northwestern Utah. Rendered completely in real-time on the Xbox 360, the Kinect car experience allows the player to interact with the car – controller free – as if they were standing next to the vehicle in the game. With the Kinect camera tracking both full-body movement and proximity, players can literally walk up to the 458 Italia, lean into the windows for a closer look, lift the glass canopy to examine the car’s powerful V8 engine, or open the door to slide into the cockpit all with the most natural of gestures.  

“Forza Motorsport Preview” is a select peek at one aspect of the future of the Forza Motorsport franchise, both in terms of the way Kinect has empowered Turn 10 to create a revolutionary way to interact with virtual cars, as well as the breathtaking foundation of a new graphics engine capable of producing the images seen in our E3 gallery. The next full Forza Motorsport experience, which utilizes some of the ideas presented in this demo, will ship in 2011.

From where the buck stops. New engine (again) for Forza Motorsports 4 in 2011

iAlthough the car looks good, to me it seems as though it just pasted onto a real-life picture of that place, because looks a bit CGI and the background doesnt.

Also, how do those screenshots (CGI or not) compare with GT5?

Those Forza screens are sorta doctored, don't ya think ? Nothing wrong with that...a lot of studios do that.

Kinect has been received a lot of negative feedback from the internetz...they still have time to improve though.

Lets see how Move presents itself....Not that I care much anyway...I'm not that interested in motion controls.