By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Turn 10 Forza- Kinect demo was faked!

thismeintiel said:
DarkisWR said:
SaviorX said:
JaggedSac said:

Yes, people have been playing with Kinect.  Read several impressions yesterday.  Eurogamer seemed to like it.

Not the press, I mean REAL gamers.

Last time I checkd the ''press'' were real gamers...honestly...they are good enough to try everything and give you info and feedback about it but in your world they dont count as gamers?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1097388p1.html

Guess folks will say this is fake too

Not fake.  But you can see lag in that vid.  As well as the fact that the game is incredibly limited in terms of gameplay.  No crazy stunts like in SSX Tricky.  This is really no different from AntiGrav on the PS2.  Where is all this innovation in gameplay that Kinect was supposed to bring?

lag...maybe its laggy for you but didnt really notice any from what I saw.

You cant really expect ''innovation'' when wii has already opened the door on motion controls...honestly...Kinect atm isnt going to innovate any more than the Move. All they can do is take the experince up a few lvls. Which is what both are doing....hence the wii clone games...just done better badder and more kick asser. 

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
thismeintiel said:
SaviorX said:
theprof00 said:
SaviorX said:

When I saw this at the conference, I felt it was absolutely pointless.

Looking at the thread title, I would not be surprised if it was true. And why wasn't Kinect playable today?

it wasn't? I was under the impression that people would be playing it on the floor, right?

I haven't found ONE user reaction.... there is another, separate Kinect conference right?

As far as I'm aware, the big Kinect thing was last night with the CDS show. 

@ OP

That is definitely faked.  You can see the cursor not only appear before he moves his hand, but it also moves slowly upward before he gets a chance to react.  He then quickly raises his hand to catch up with it.  Let's be hoest guys, there has always been a lot of smoke and mirror tricks surrounding Kinect.  The only real game people had got to play was Ricochet.  And what ever happened to Milo?

@selnor

For 360 fans who have been pushing Kinect as "the new wave in gaming" and being able to offer a "gaming experience found nowhere else", you can't honestly tell me with a straight face that this has turned out better than you had expected it last year when it was revealed.  Where are these new gaming experiences?  Where are the innovative games?  All 15 launch titles have been announced, and sorry, but none of them offer anything different from Move/Wii.

one of the games was wii sports resort in fact!

I just saw something else funny in that vid of Forza.  At 1:45 he raises his hand, and after about a second, then the cursor slowly raises to where we assume his hand was pointing at.  Not only is this a mistake, but without feedback how did he know where his hand was on the screen?  If the cursor was just slow to pop up, you think he would have corrected his hand a little.  But, the cursor goes perfectly to the speedometer.

They are allowing the press to play with Kinect right now.

Just want to play good games

DarkisWR said:
theprof00 said:
DarkisWR said:
SaviorX said:
JaggedSac said:

Yes, people have been playing with Kinect.  Read several impressions yesterday.  Eurogamer seemed to like it.

Last time I checkd the ''press'' were real gamers...honestly...they are good enough to try everything and give you info and feedback about it but in your world they dont count as gamers?

what about games they showed at the conference?

Most of them looked pretty live to me. And if they had someone back stage playing along incase something happend etc soo be it. Hell even when Uc 2 was being shown off they had a guy in the back playing along just incase something happend.

Guessing your one of the guys hoping on that ''Gears 3 was fake'' as well.

Sony will be doing the same thing msft did...have back ups...same for ninty...it's always been like that.

it's never been like that.

Last year, everything sony showed with the move was live, there was no possible way to fake that demonstration because it was an actual demo.

Last year when nintendo played NSMBWii, Cammie died instantly because she got confused.

I don't need to hope that gears was fake. it was obviously being played. The game is actually working though.

And yeah, Sony had a guy playing UC2 just incase he died, but he wasn't NOT PLAYING the game. He was playing the game.

The point is not that they aren't actually playing the game. The point is that they are exaggerating the abilities. We've all heard about the lag being a problem. What did MS do? Try to sell us a fake lag-free product. That's the problem.

theprof00 said:
DarkisWR said:
theprof00 said:
DarkisWR said:
SaviorX said:
JaggedSac said:

what about games they showed at the conference?

Most of them looked pretty live to me. And if they had someone back stage playing along incase something happend etc soo be it. Hell even when Uc 2 was being shown off they had a guy in the back playing along just incase something happend.

Guessing your one of the guys hoping on that ''Gears 3 was fake'' as well.

Sony will be doing the same thing msft did...have back ups...same for ninty...it's always been like that.

it's never been like that.

Last year, everything sony showed with the move was live, there was no possible way to fake that demonstration because it was an actual demo.

Last year when nintendo played NSMBWii, Cammie died instantly because she got confused.

I don't need to hope that gears was fake. it was obviously being played. The game is actually working though.

And yeah, Sony had a guy playing UC2 just incase he died, but he wasn't NOT PLAYING the game. He was playing the game.

The point is not that they aren't actually playing the game. The point is that they are exaggerating the abilities. We've all heard about the lag being a problem. What did MS do? Try to sell us a fake lag-free product. That's the problem.

From what I've been seeing folks that have got to try it...it's not laggy...hell did you not see the news bit on abc news where the lady reporter is playing the rafting mini game? She sure as hell didnt fake it and it wasnt laggy at all.

Around the Network

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/giant-bomb-live-test

Jeff Gertsmann is going to talk about once he get back from the event (ended about 20 minutes ago).

Just want to play good games

JaggedSac said:

so realistic it sees the future

Xoj said:
JaggedSac said:

so real it predicts the future!!!

Xoj said:
JaggedSac said:

Xoj said:
JaggedSac said: