By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Turn 10 Forza- Kinect demo was faked!

daroamer said:
theprof00 said:
tuscaniman said:
theprof00 said:
daroamer said:
RAZurrection said:
maximus22 said:
GreenW said:

That's it man.  Thanks!  I put this in my OP if that's alright.  If not, let me know and I'll take it down.

Not sure what the problem is. The pointer is mapped to his right hand and it moves upwards as he tilts while he shifts his weight to his left, it even curves around when he lifts his hand up. Even if that were not the case, has no-one considered that when left idle, the cursor automatically moves to the nearest item of interest? Some people.

BBH said:

I'm pretty sure it's Forza 3? No? 

Raz you fail, Turn 10 won you over again with screenshots. Anyone who has played Forza 3 knows how it looks like dirt compared to the screenshots.

If anything, Forza 3 in motion is 60 times better than the screenshots.

Yeah, I don't get it, I was going to say the same thing.

If Kinect is seeing his whole body it knows when his hand is at his side.  He's lifting his hand from his hip and the cursor is moving at the same time. 

It looks completely fine to me, if delayed slightly due to lag which makes it seem like the motion is not following his hand but it is.

except that when his hand is at his hip and his hand in moving while his body turns, the image should be opposite, but it's moving the same way. Imagine he is looking at a mirror. Imagine you are him. you turn to the left and your hand moves with you. the screen image, being a mirror, should reflect it moving to the left, but on screen it moves to the right.

Stand up and do it if you don't understand.

Um no I don't think you understand. The only time anything will be mirrored is when its a reflection of yourself. He is moving his right hand therefore a icon which represents his right hand is moving to the right to touch what he wants to touch. He's not looking at himself. The big screen in the background is what he is looking at in front of him. You have to imagine he is sitting in the seat of the car not standing with his back to it.

facepalm. That is what I'm trying to tell you. Note exactly when the hand appears on the screen. It is while his hand is moving next to his hip.  If he were in the driver's seat, twisting to the left, his right hand would be moving from right to left, wheras on the screen it goes from left to right.

No, it IS mirrored.  Think about what HE is looking at.  It's like a mirror, you move your arm to the left your mirror image is moving it's arm to the right.  I took the gif and flipped the guy, you can see the movements match.  The only fishy part is the cursor starts moving to the button smoothly while he pauses his arm for a moment, but it's very possible that the button locations are "magnetized" so that when you get close the cursor moves towards it.  This means you don't need as much precision in your movement to have the cursor land on the buttons you want.

Either way its pretty damn close and its not like its some technical marvel that a hand icon can move 1:1. I don't think the Forza demo was faked. The only thing shown was him driving with his hands just like joyride except Forza has HD awesome graphics. Can we stop with the posts about everything being fake with Kinect? Its just as easy to say the Move demos were faked.

Forza Kinect or whatever its called looks pretty cool and I'll most likely be getting it. I'm definately buying the new "slim" console asap.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

I AM thinking about what he is looking at.

Look at the initial hand appearing on the screen and sync it to his movement. If he were in a car, his RIGHT hand would be moving left. When the cursor shows up, his hand is moving to the left.

In the game the Right hand should also be moving left. That's what his hand is doing. But in the video the cursor is moving from LEFT to RIGHT.

Did you look at the gif I posted?  If you mirror the guy the movements match perfectly.

daroamer said:
theprof00 said:

Look at the initial hand appearing on the screen and sync it to his movement. If he were in a car, his RIGHT hand would be moving left. When the cursor shows up, his hand is moving to the left.

In the game the Right hand should also be moving left. That's what his hand is doing. But in the video the cursor is moving from LEFT to RIGHT.

Did you look at the gif I posted?  If you mirror the guy the movements match perfectly.

actually they don't. the hand is still moving ahead of his own hand, and smooth where he is jittery.

theprof00 said:
daroamer said:
theprof00 said:

actually they don't. the hand is still moving ahead of his own hand, and smooth where he is jittery.

It's not moving ahead of his hand, it's moving at the same time.

The jittery movement doesn't mean anything.  You can easily program the pointer to smooth it's own movements.

You're changing the point now though, you were claiming it was moving the wrong way.  That's false.

Anyway, I'm not sure the point of all this overanalyzing.  It either works or it doesn't.  A lot of people have been trying the game demos and they're working as advertised.   Move had the exact same problems with latency.

daroamer said:
theprof00 said:
daroamer said:
theprof00 said:

It's not moving ahead of his hand, it's moving at the same time.

The jittery movement doesn't mean anything.  You can easily program the pointer to smooth it's own movements.

You're changing the point now though, you were claiming it was moving the wrong way.  That's false.

Anyway, I'm not sure the point of all this overanalyzing.  It either works or it doesn't.  A lot of people have been trying the game demos and they're working as advertised.   Move had the exact same problems with latency.

No, I've just abandoned that line of argument because you don't seem to understand.

When the cursor first appears, he moves his palm from the side of his thigh to the top of his thigh. That's movement from right to left. If he were sitting in a car that would be stick-shift to wheel. the game showed wheel to stickshift (left to right). I don't know why you flipped the guy because it is already clear.

Around the Network

You need your eyes checked, he's clearly moving his hand from the side of his thigh to the right stickshift.

I think you need to look at these videos from 1up and destructoid as they look and play the demo in person. Everything in the media breifing is being shown here and done by the press, plus more.

1up

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/29918

Destructoid

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-floaty-hands-on-clips-of-kinect-with-forza-176551.phtml 

youarebadatgames said:

You need your eyes checked, he's clearly moving his hand from the side of his thigh to the right stickshift.

just before that. it goes side of thigh to top of thigh to stick shift to ignition

theprof00 said:
youarebadatgames said:

just before that. it goes side of thigh to top of thigh to stick shift to ignition

Give it up, Kinect works. Minority Report is coming to fruition. The voice control and full body control both work as advertised.

tuscaniman said:
theprof00 said:
youarebadatgames said:

Give it up, Kinect works. Minority Report is coming to fruition. The voice control and full body control both work as advertised.

nobody is saying kinect doesn't work. Stop being defensive. We've been saying from the start that all the kinect stuff shown at the press conference was videos with actors acting them out.

to think this whole argument is because you think I'm saying it doesn't work.