By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Anti-government violence by the tea party

I know a lot of people here have expressed concern about tea party rhetoric leading to violence against elected representatives, so I'm interested to see what these same people think about violence committed by elected representatives against tea partiers.

HUH R YUUUH???

Around the Network

Bob looks drunk or coked up. The kid should have shoved him into the road as a bus was coming.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Your always going to have loons on both sides. That's just the way it is.

oldschoolfool said:

Well this is an elected official... can't really use that excuse. 

tombi123 said:
oldschoolfool said:

Well this is an elected official... can't really use that excuse. 

Why? a loon is a loon. A crazy is a crazy. lol

Around the Network

wow...scary...

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I personally wonder how someone like this got elected. If an impromptu interview can turn so bizarre so quickly one would assume that there would be a track-record of some pretty bizarre incidents before, during and after an election.

Politicians should have to deal with kids being stupid. That guy looked creepy... he overreacted.

Better be charges.  This country was founded so that the elected were not above the law.

Repent or be destroyed

Sadly despite this being a pretty indefensible case of a congressmen "acting stupidly" (actually I think he was a wee bit tipsy....check out those eyes in the video), the DNC has actually taken to defending him, from politico, here is the talking points they are using:

---------------------------------

The Democrats' talking points:

1. There is always the part of the story that you can’t see in these gotcha style videos — what were these folks doing, how did they approach him, how were the cameraman and/or others off camera acting?

2. Why would any legitimate student doing a project or a journalist shagging a story not identify themselves. Motives matter — what was the motivation here? To incite this very type of reaction?

3. This is clearly the work of the Republican Party and the “interviewer” is clearly a low level staffer or intern. That’s what explains blurring the face of the “interviewer” and refusing to identify the entity this was done for. The Republicans know if they were caught engaging in this type of gotcha tactic it would undermine their own credibility — yet if it was an individual acting on his own there is no reason that person would have blurred themselves out of the video — and if it was the work of a right wing blog they would have their logo on the video and be shouting their involvement from the roof top.

4. This was a purposefully partisan hit job designed to incite a reaction for political reasons — but it is a tactic so low — the parties involved are remaining anonymous.

5. The fact that no one wants to take credit for this should raise real questions in the minds of voters and the press.

6. Push hard w/ blogs the lack of credibility inherent to anything Breitbart does/posts, given its role in the debunked ACORN videos:

---------------------------------

I've seen the full unedited video and you can see the congressmen approaching down the sidewalk...do the kids jump all over him and ambush him?  Nope.  They start by saying hello.  But then they jump on him right? Nope.  They ask him how he is doing.  And then the third thing they say to him is "Do you fully support the Obama agenda?" to which he immediately gets in their face saying "Who are you?!" and with a short hesitation starts slapping at the camera until he knocks it out of hand.

I have no idea who these kids are...and maybe they were Republican "gotcha" plants...but seriously who cares?  If you're a congressmen and someone asks you a question you don't slap at their camera and grab them like you're a thug ready to beat them up if they don't do what you want. 

If you think they're plants or just there for a "gotcha" question you can../gasp..keep walking and say "Sorry boys I'm running a bit behind and I don't have time to take questions, please make an appointment and come by my office though.".  This accomplishes two things 1) You don't have to answer the question 2) If they make an appointment you will have their names on your appointment book and you'll know they probably aren't plants (and if they are it will be easy to expose them).

To Each Man, Responsibility