By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - XENOBLADE 5 HOURS IN ...(KIND LIKE A REVIEW)

Hi guys first of all , i dont speak japanese to the point that i can say i know what is going on the game , more than you guys all ready knows from the trailers, so let me talk a little bit from the gameplay and visuals and music.

GamePlay > The first 2 hours of the game , is a super tutorial , it does not sound or looks like one , but you will keep getting a lot of help screens explaining how combat works (they help a little cuz they have a lot of images that illustrates the all thing, the game is a giant massive open world , but the history keep taking you to places, your main objective is always displayed on the map , and also you have a arrow that shows the direction and how many meters you are away from it (helps a lot when you dont read kanjins) in the first 5 hours into the game , you gonna play with different characters, and party members, and that is cool, walking from one area to another is loading-free , except if you are going to another city or cavern, when walking around you will spot enemies and creatures roaming free , when you get a little close to than you can pull you action bar (yep i picked that name for it) where you will find the option to attack or not that creature , but warning ! some creatures will attack you just cuz you walk to close to than, if you want you can always run way execept for bosses where a green barriers dont let you scape, while battle you will attack the creature automatically the time between each attack is based on your status, and you can also use arts , that color icons on the in the action bar, the main symbol there is you special attack using monado or your main weapon , when you highlight that icon you can move it up and down with d-pad that is used to navigate the action bar , doing it so you will find monado special set of actions , and the icon for the team attack but for use it you must feel a bar (and trust me it takes a real long time to feel it up) when you do you can link attacks with everyone in your party to keep the combo , you must pick action that has the same color code (not sure what each color means) or the chain will stop , after a full round of attacks you can keep it up by a well timed B pressing, the timed B pressing is also use to dodge some attacks, one of the main features in the game , as combat gameplay goes is that monado gives you the ability to see into the future and this also happens during battle you have a vision , of a upcoming event saying the target and how much damage that character will take along side with the time-frame for that event to happen its usually 8 to 15 sec, where you can cast a shild or give some health to the target ... if someone dies , you can put than back to action after a while. Rember just like in FF12 be far from the enemy does not means that hes attacks dont reachs you , and the game tells u how many enemies are targeting u by a icon around u with arrows. So far has being a amazing RPG experience , simple and with the precise point of complexity dont be easy, its fast , and fun as every game should be.

The game looks , and runs great on the Wii , sure there is some nasty textures here and there (mostly on the ground that looks totally plain)still the art and the size of everything gives that wow feeling that you need , the creatures and robot enemies also looks very good, the cinematics are really really great (Square-like-caliber) The music also has a FF feel to it some times, in all is a RPG with the production values that you see on 360 and ps3, if you can , import it , you can play it in a very easy way , thanks to the illustration and for the arrow that guides u for your next destination , and for last you can pick many quests you want , and when when you complete one you picks all the money and rewards with no need to go back to the person that gave you the quest this way you can go on into the adventure with no worries, sure you gonna have some minor problems with itens and menus , but nothing impossible to overcome.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Around the Network

I saw some videos where the towns looked really unpopulated comparing to the size of then.

Am i wrong or the cities and towns are more populated?

Not too many people in some areas is true , but there is some crowded places like, like market areas , and stuff , and a funny fact is that every time u talk to someone , anyone else on screen get invisible ....

Could you break up that first paragraph?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

In those 5 hours... how many minutes (and pleeeease don't say hours) of cutscenes?

That's my main doubt and the only thing I'm fearing in this game!

Anyway... If you don't speak japanese, what the hell are you doing playing this game???

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:

Could you break up that first paragraph?

This, please, I want to read your impressions but I cant :(

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

andremop said:

In those 5 hours... how many minutes (and pleeeease don't say hours) of cutscenes?

That's my main doubt and the only thing I'm fearing in this game!

Anyway... If you don't speak japanese, what the hell are you doing playing this game???

I think that there is alot of scenes but they are way more shorter than xenosaga games, and there is alot of gameplay between each one, so it never gets boring.

I playing this game in japanese , cuz i just cant wait until it makes to the west , and also cuz i overhyped by E3 i getting distracted with it ... and mario galaxy 2. 

cool i have it just havent played it yet. ill probably wait till it releases in english though.