By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Slim LEAKED Picture!!!!!

Well of course it's ugly, it's made by Microsoft.

What's more funny is that I was reading an article earlier stating that MS had things locked down uber tight, so that there was a guarantee of no leaks.

It's more a redesign than a slim btw, and could sell.

Around the Network
ElGranCabeza said:
The Xbox Man said:

Funny to see some PS3 fans are becoming insecure.

No offense, but you're the one that's looking insecure with all your trolling.

Opinions are trolling now?

Euphoria14 said:

I think it looks ugly. 

I also think it looks just as big if not bigger.

How can you tell without a reference pic? It is ugly though, I'll agree with that.

The Xbox Man said:
AkibaFan said:

this luks horrible. ms has failed/

the cnt sell this to casuals, it dusn't luk appealing to jpn market eithr, this will be big flop for them. luks are very imprtant

You come up with the most stupid conclusions sometimes akiba. The PS3 slim looks terrible but it has managed to do just fine. Why won't this sell in Japan? Are the looks so bad it won't sell anything in Japan? Understand that this is  rebranding, Microsoft will push this like a new xbox 360 this fall, this fall xbox 360 will dominate, its obvious which side of the fence your on, get ready to see PS3 outsold by a lot when Microsoft markets this console like a new games system.

The gap will be back to 8 Million by Jan 1st now.

MS may market it as a new game system, but that doesn't mean it is one. I don't think the average consumer is going to be fooled by a different appearance and an addon.

MS is giving a valiant effort with the slimline, pricedrops, and Natal, but if the games don't appeal to the expanded audience,  then a new console design and full body motion controls aren't going to change that.

I think if they push the new deisgn and Natal with a bundled price of $250, and make games the expanded auidnece would like, such as fitness games, dancing games, and arcade style party games, it may have a shot at moving a few million extra consoles. But I don't really think it'll have a significant long term effect on sales.

What MS would have been better off doing is holding off on Natal for awhile longer and making an entirely new next gen console that utilizes it. That way they could get a fresh start.

The Xbox Man said:
ElGranCabeza said:
The Xbox Man said:

No offense, but you're the one that's looking insecure with all your trolling.

Opinions are trolling now?

All trollings are opinions but not all opinions are trollings.

Around the Network

Everyone can stop calling it the "slim" looks like.

But whatever one thinks of the re-design, what matters more is the reduction in production costs and any affiliated retail price adjustments.

IMO, it's no worse than the last design, just a bit different. Nothing distinctive, but functional.

The new bundle SKUs and pricing is the bigger story here.

The Xbox Man said:
darthdevidem01 said:
The Xbox Man said:
AkibaFan said:
The Xbox Man said:
AkibaFan said:

the cnt sell this to casuals, it dusn't luk appealing to jpn market eithr, this will be big flop for them. luks are very imprtant

You come up with the most stupid conclusions sometimes akiba. The PS3 slim looks terrible but it has managed to do just fine. Why won't this sell in Japan? Are the looks so bad it won't sell anything in Japan? Understand that this is  rebranding, Microsoft will push this like a new xbox 360 this fall, this fall xbox 360 will dominate, its obvious which side of the fence your on, get ready to see PS3 outsold by a lot when Microsoft markets this console like a new games system.

ur wrng becaus ms cnt drop price of xbox nw becaus natal will be in it. so price wnt drop, public wnt see price drop.

On jpn, I hve studied console market ov jpn, I knw how it works, this product wnt work ther. Its too big, vry agressive with black colour, fans. In europe Gran turismo 5 is out this year, th xbox 360 slim at lowest price wnt do anythng for it then. Only america wnt make gap go bck up to 8 million, u r delusinal

Your spelling is as bad as PS3 sales will be this holiday. Fix it, I'm not reading that crap you wrote

From what I could make of it you say Gran Turismo 5, we are 5 years into this generation, no game will sell units now, deal with it.

Actually your worng

UNCHARTED 2 led to PS3 hardware rising by over 20% in NA/EU

FFXIII led to PS3 hardware rising like 1000% or something in Japan

So yes GT5 WILL INCREASE PS3 CONSOLE SALES....it is a 10 Million selling franchise, if it doesn't then nothing should have in the past, and as games HAVE int he past so will GT5

kthnxbye!

Uncharted 2 sold no PS3's that was due to PS3 slim boost. Gran Turismo is declining, and you have GT5 prologue already, gran turismo fans are on PS3. 

Prologue sold ~4-5M, GT5 will sell beyond that, so how are all the GT5 fans on PS3 already?

Also if you looked you would see that GT5P outsold GT4P, so how did you come to the conclusion that the series is declining?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

ElGranCabeza said:
Euphoria14 said:

I think it looks ugly. 

I also think it looks just as big if not bigger.

How can you tell without a reference pic? It is ugly though, I'll agree with that.

I understand that without a true side by side it isn't entirely possible, but do you really think the DVD size shrunk?

Just compare the DVD drive sizes in both pics, they are the same. I highly doubt the discs went the Gamecube route.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Metallicube said:
The Xbox Man said:
AkibaFan said:

MS may market it as a new game system, but that doesn't mean it is one. I don't think the average consumer is going to be fooled by a different appearance and an addon.

MS is giving a valiant effort with the slimline, pricedrops, and Natal, but if the games don't appeal to the expanded audience,  then a new console design and full body motion controls aren't going to change that.

I think if they push the new deisgn Natal with a bundled price of $250, and make games the expanded auidnece would like, such as fitness games, dancing games, and arcade style party games, it may have a shot at moving a few million extra consoles. But I don't really think it'll have a significant long term effect on sales.

What MS would have been better off doing is holding off on Natal for awhile longer and making an entirely new neg gen console that utilizes it. That way they could get a fresh start.

NATAL will be showing people a new way to play games, something that wasn't seen before. They will market the new xbox 360 with it, it will look like a new console.

The Xbox Man said:

why would they, Sony's projecting 15 million PS3's sold for the 2010 year, what was Microsoft's  sale's projection for the 2010 year?

Sony seem's very confident, to make that 15 million for the year projection.

what about Microsoft?

while I do indeed think Microsoft will go over their projection's for their year sale's projection, I do not think Microsoft will have a cake walk like your thinking over Sony. As a matter of fact I think it will be closer this year than it has ever been.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.