By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why is'nt soccer more popular in America.

lack of cheerleaders

lack of big muscular guys ( most football players weight less then 160)

you actually need to be in shape to play it ( I am looking at you baseball)

American and Canadian teams suck big time compare to third world countries teams

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

@Mrstickball you could try a 265 pound polynesian man running right over you, without body armour? Remember momentum factors in both speed and mass.

Edit: How does one embed in 3.0? It used to be you copied and pasted then edited the post and it worked,...

Tease.

rugby league is the worlds best kept secret

this was in response to Squilliums comment before he had to edit it.

twesterm said:

Because soccer is stupid.

I remember watching that!  Awesome vid

cause they aren't good at it

plus in US people run behind the 'COOL' thing and which makes money and which makes you POPULAR.

the man of the moment is the thing there,like am am the hottest guy around now and i get all the girls

and cause everybody else watches so the newer young people also follow cause the want to be part of the conversation

stupid girls jjust go behind the muscled guys in their young days

also football is played with skills and rules and not WRESTLING like AMERICAN FOOTBALL

the LOYALS and HARDCORE followers are very less in US

Around the Network

Still I would take Baseball, NFL, Ice Hockey, and basketball over Soccer any day of the week in spite of the fact that we don't have more than marginal national interest in any of those sports and Soccer dwarfs all of them in my country by a margin of 10:1 combined. Its all about what you like to watch and you wouldn't catch me watching a soccer game even if it was the world cup final.

Tease.

Soccer's pretty dumb. That's why. Noone plays it here in Canada either.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Ah the old "I don't like it so it must be dumb" line.

Why isnt baseball more popular in Europe?

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

novasonic said:

Soccer's pretty dumb. That's why. Noone plays it here in Canada either.

err... you could say that about pretty much all sports.