By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS a very powerful, capable handheld.

So I heard from a lead M$ handheld tech.( and multiple news stories)  that the 3DS will be very powerful in terms of graphics for this very reason..

3DS will be the 1st commercial game system to utilize 3D gaming with out the use of glasses. In turn means console's will not be getting the 3D treatment with out the use of glasses for awhile.

Think about it. Every game from NES to Xbox360/PS3 graphic capabilities could be rehashed and remade into 3D on the 3DS! (at a cheap low dev. cost)

Imagine Resident Evil 4 or 5 in 3D? 

Sign me up for rehashes of classics games remade in 3D for 3DS.

GOD DAYAAAAM!!!!!    Nintendo will continue dominating for years to come. BOOK IT.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

i,think you are making way to much of it at the moment the 3d tech for viewing with out glasses has been around for sometime and involves different layers in the screen , unless there is a major breakthrough in battery and cooling tech,you won't see PS360 grade games on the handheld improved yes ,taking advantage of newer rendering and lighting, but hd spec no. you are right about lots of 3d shovelware with the occassional gem that really takes advantage

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I want my 3DS!! now!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Honestly if that MicroSoft employee knows so much about the 3DS doesn't that sort of indicate that Microsoft is already planning to support the platform? Or is it just a Microsoft employees guess or opinion?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Can't wait for E3!!!!! I've never watched it on my computer before, I always watched it on TV, I'm a little worried about how the quality of the stream will be.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
mysticwolf said:

Can't wait for E3!!!!! I've never watched it on my computer before, I always watched it on TV, I'm a little worried about how the quality of the stream will be.

Lucky you, I have to be up at 2AM every year to watch an internet stream :P

I hope it at least can output similar graphics as the Xbox if not better, then RE4 being ported over wouldn't be that far fetched.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
puffy said:
mysticwolf said:

You should move to America. It's awesome.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Nintendo OWNS the handheld market and they will murder anyone who will try and take its place...even Apple. Nintendo has been very very aggressive since the failure of the GC and it seems the target for the 8th generation will be the "graphic whores" and "hardcores". Sony watch your backs.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

puffy said:
mysticwolf said:

Sleep deprevation enhances the effects of the conference.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.