By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Well Spain did play good, but they have a tough time ahead, in order to get through. 

If they don't manage to win against Chile, they have to hope that Switzerland doesn't win against Honduras too. If both win or draw, it's all down to goal average, which in my opinion will favor the Spanish.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Ok i think I got confused somewhere...

is it:

direct confrontation

goal difference

most goals scored

coin toss

or :

goal difference

direct confrontation

most goals scored

coin toss

???

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Hephaestos said:

Ok i think I got confused somewhere...

is it:

direct confrontation

goal difference

most goals scored

coin toss

or :

goal difference

direct confrontation

most goals scored

coin toss

???

From the official FIFA press release:

5. The ranking of each team in each group will be determined as follows:

a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;

b) goal difference in all group matches;

c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.

If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria,

their rankings will be determined as follows:

d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between

the teams concerned;

e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the

teams concerned;

f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the

teams concerned;

g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/fifa_wc_south_africa_2010_regulations_en_14123.pdf

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

As I'll be at work for the rest of the week during the matches, I'll only update tables and what not at the end of the day, I really wanted to be around during the 3rd matches and do play by play "as things stand" tables but oh well x_x

15 (Football Fan) Portugal 7-0 N.Korea (SciFiBoy) 10

Raul Meireles 29

Simao 53

Almeida 56

Tiago 60, 89

Leidson 81

Ronaldo 87

(As things stand, SciFiBoy is losing his avatar AND signature to me for 1 month.)

28 (trestres) Chile 1-0 Switzerland (Lafiel) 18

Gonzalez 75

Behrami (s/o)

(Dunno what time he got sent off x_x either way,  Lafiel forfeits control of his Signature trestres for 24 hours)

21 (Mirson) Spain 2-0 Honduras (Jneul) 23

Villa 17,51

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

lestatdark said:

Thanks!

so basically I had it all wrong.

Means a lot of teams are actually in deep after doing crappy results to little teams...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
lestatdark said:

Thanks!

so basically I had it all wrong.

Means a lot of teams are actually in deep after doing crappy results to little teams...

Yup, that's why I think starting tommorrow, we're up to some pretty interesting matches. Either we see tons of goals by teams in need of a positive Goal Average, or surprising eliminations will happen

Current PC Build

Like England going out...wait, that's not surprising.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Ajescent said:

Like England going out...wait, that's not surprising.

Biggest upset of the WC will be if Spain doesn't go through to the next round

Current PC Build

I see your point but Italy as world champions will be bigger.

Ajescent said:

I see your point but Italy as world champions will be bigger.

Yup, but their issues have been discussed long before the WC started. Spain on the other hand only got praise all around.

Perfect qualification round, 8 out of 11 of their main players are from Barcelona, they demolished pretty much every opponent coming to this WC (even the last friendly when they won against Poland by 6-0).

Pretty much, Spain was considered to be an automatic finalist. And now it's struggling to go through to the next round, having to win against Chile, who has been very consistent in their group.  Nobody could predict that

Current PC Build