By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

so no update (or is it my browser?)

France 1- SA 2 (too bad for SA, they are the first host not to qualify... and they conceded a goal to france, that's pathetic :p (yes i'm french)).

Uruguay 1 - Mexico 0 the two teams would have been qualified anyways unless they lost by a north corean score... good job to them!

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:

France 1- SA 2 (too bad for SA, they are the first host not to qualify... and they conceded a goal to france, that's pathetic :p (yes i'm french)).

Uruguay 1 - Mexico 0 the two teams would have been qualified anyways unless they lost by a north corean score... good job to them!

I think Ajescent will only update later in the day, since he can't do it from work (He said something of the sort yesterday )

Being a Frenchmen, how do you feel about the attitude from the French team, regarding Anelka's expulsion from the team and the subsequent events that took place? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lol, I think my avatar and sig are gonna be beyond my control for sometime...why did I have to pick  fucking 10!

SciFiBoy said:

lol, I think my avatar and sig are gonna be beyond my control for sometime...why did I have to pick  fucking 10!

Yeah, your avvy's gonna be mine, remember?

zexen_lowe said:
SciFiBoy said:

Yeah, your avvy's gonna be mine, remember?

Poor SciFiBoy

OT - Mexico - Argentina on the next round is going to be a good game  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Hephaestos said:

I think Ajescent will only update later in the day, since he can't do it from work (He said something of the sort yesterday )

Being a Frenchmen, how do you feel about the attitude from the French team, regarding Anelka's expulsion from the team and the subsequent events that took place? 

The latent sentiment in france is that Anelka was in the wrong (we don't care that players always insult coaches behind closed doors... it shouldn't happen anyways, you should respect your boss even if you disagree...)

For the rest of the team, the strike they went on had the effect of everyone thinking they are stupid little kids who earn too much money and feel way overimportant. in response to this, the french federation has confirmed that the sponsoring money will not be played to the players but to amateur leagues (suposetely it's a rule since 2006 if they don't pass the first round, they forfeit winnings).

The only good effect in all this is that people start to think that the coach (that most of france wanted out in 2008) is probably much less to blame than what was thought previously.

But one aspect that non french probably have missed is that this french group had clans fighting for supremacy... the Antillies (black french from the caraibes) Vs the africans, the muslims Vs the non muslims.... basically this team was a melting pot of suburbs petty thiefs that all wanted to be the chief... exception being Gourcuff who was basically shun out of the team by Ribery who wanted to be the playmaker (last decisive pass he made was in 2008... not quite the same player as with bayern). So yeah kindergarden kids fighting for supremassy and jealous of the ones that get attention from the media... (Gourcuff's father is a coach in France's first league, so the guy actually knows how to talk like someone with at least half a brain and the media like him for that).

That's the short version...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Au revoir, les enfants. Never before has a team destroyed itself so efficiently without any reason. Rebels without a cause. I hope that the FFF and the players don't just blame each other but ask themselves if they were part of the problem. I think we will see alot of interesting reveals, interviews and articles about this topic in the next weeks.
France still has plenty of good players and I'm sure the fresh start with Laurent Blanc will help the national team and its reputation.

Congratulations to Uruguay and Mexico (and also to South Africa for a good final performance)!

Hephaestos said:
lestatdark said:
Hephaestos said:

The latent sentiment in france is that Anelka was in the wrong (we don't care that players always insult coaches behind closed doors... it shouldn't happen anyways, you should respect your boss even if you disagree...)

For the rest of the team, the strike they went on had the effect of everyone thinking they are stupid little kids who earn too much money and feel way overimportant. in response to this, the french federation has confirmed that the sponsoring money will not be played to the players but to amateur leagues (suposetely it's a rule since 2006 if they don't pass the first round, they forfeit winnings).

The only good effect in all this is that people start to think that the coach (that most of france wanted out in 2008) is probably much less to blame than what was thought previously.

But one aspect that non french probably have missed is that this french group had clans fighting for supremacy... the Antillies (black french from the caraibes) Vs the africans, the muslims Vs the non muslims.... basically this team was a melting pot of suburbs petty thiefs that all wanted to be the chief... exception being Gourcuff who was basically shun out of the team by Ribery who wanted to be the playmaker (last decisive pass he made was in 2008... not quite the same player as with bayern). So yeah kindergarden kids fighting for supremassy and jealous of the ones that get attention from the media... (Gourcuff's father is a coach in France's first league, so the guy actually knows how to talk like someone with at least half a brain and the media like him for that).

Wait...wait...France is on the astrologist side???? How can you even support a guy that decides the team based on tarot cards? All this happened because he's a fucking idiot that left important people like Nasri and Benzema out of the WC and put in their place people that can't kick a ball like Govou. And then he lives key people like Henry and Malouda out from the starting lineup...I thought everyone would side with Anelka

I think he wanted to pick players based on their club form. That's why Benzema was dropped because he was useless at Madrid and because of that never played many games. Under that theory though, I'm not sure why Henry was taken. He seemed to be a constant feature of the Barcelona bench....

Hephaestos said:
lestatdark said:
Hephaestos said:

That's quite a situation going on the French team. Basically the team is already divided from within. No wonder the lack of empathy and team awareness that was patent in the WC matches. 

I hope that somehow things gets shaken up in the French team for the next Euro. Although i'm not very much fond of France (due to the way we always get eliminated playing with you ), it's one of the historic european teams. 

Right now I hate Gourcouff He made me lose my Simone's Avy

Current PC Build