By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Lady Gaga's "Alejandro" Video...

It's... bizzare. Even for Gaga. I'm not liking it. Anyway, people have been interperiting it as a pro-LGBT message, and I can see that. Any other interpretations? Dislike anything (or everything)?

Around the Network

from gagadaily:

" I am in awe. The rate at which her art is maturing is deeply, deeply impressive.

I am just knocked out that in 2010, one of the world's most significant artists is aready and willing to revisit Weimar Germany and the awakening of 20th century European Facisim.  If you all are looking for a littl emore background ont eh art and culture GaGa and Klein are referncing, you might try tracking down Volutous Panic: The Erotic World of Weimar Berlin"

now you want to know what the video means? I'll give you one example of what it means..

mM

The probable meaning of Alejandro music video:

"This video was not made fo MTV or the public in general, I twas made for her fans. Some may liken the video to Like a Prayer or whatever Madonna video tthey may want to cmpare it to, but this video is unlike Madonna's in the sense this was not made to purely for provcation, but rather for the defense and admiration of gay men and the relationships they share. Sure , theere is religious imagery, but there is a meaning behind it, at least in my(person quoted) interpretation. One of my favorite scenes is when she swallows the rosary. I believe this is her way of recommending the church in those using religion as a reason to hate on homosexuality to swallow thee words mcuh like she does the rosary.

Her tweet yesterday, the "Prejudice is a disease, and when they come for you, or refuse your worth, I will be ready for their stongs. I belong to you. GAGAKLEIN. " one is definately in regard to the penultimate scene where she disrobes and gives herself to the men. The depiction of her physically giving herself to the men in the video is her way of paralleling her giving of herself to the fight for those persectued because of their sexual orientation. I also believe the disrobing stands for her stripping down and not caring what the church or society may think about her stance. Also, the scene in which she overs one of her eyes could stand for the church/society not having both eyes open to the injustice that is dealt to homosexuals. I say this because she has the robe with crosses on at this point in the video. The miltiaristic fashion, the marching, and the violence depicts that she is ready to fight for the injustices that have been inflicted upon the gay men she respects and admires. Just to clarify, when I say fight I don't mean in a physical sense, because we all know she has a distaste for violence."

-heathen

mM

Omg, I wasn't aware that male stockings are back in fashion O_o? 

XD And yes, very strange. I don't think any of her video clips match her lyrics. Unless her music has an ulterior motive that she isn't telling us.... a few double entendres?  

Lol, maybe she just likes to confuse us for no apparent reason :P. 

she looks so freaky at around 2:00 (more than usual :p) - it's the eyebrows, and could she BE any more madonna in this video? :p

so @ your question: i absolutely hate the video lol, it's too much for me, i don't think i like her music videos in general

I really liked the actual song though, and some of her other songs i really like as well :)

Around the Network
leo-j said:

[all the quotes]

wow, i didn't know that... make sense actually, after watching the video i can see what she was tying to accomplish. i just don't really feel comfortable watching all that overly sexual stuff (like her almost naked with flesh colored clothes and all those almost naked dudes)

i like that she's pretty cool for having a message and a purpose in her music. respect for her has increased :p

still don't feel comforable watching it though, so i'll just listen instead :p

over 5 million views and it was posted just a day ago..

then again she does hold the most viewed video on the internet (BR has 223 million views and growing on youtube alone)

mM

All it does is further my impression that Lady Gaga is really just a Batman Villain.

Not a fan of her.  But she should totally play a Batman Villain.

Everytime when I hear Alejandro my heart skips a bit....Wow.   I like this song, but don't like really the video clip ^^'..

She looks like Willy Wonka :/

omg lol @ the guys hair cut. Oh and you know what lol @ her hair cut too.

This is getting way too sexual. When can we expect her totally naked? Because she's extremely borderline.

But I still liked it :)