By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption Online Is Awful!

twesterm said:
Slimebeast said:

What does "player grieving"  mean exactly?

Making other players miserable for my own enjoyment.

Haha, I didn't know you were that mean Twesterm.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Garnett said:

Its so bad, let me number the things wrong with it

1.Why can people shoot eachother in public freeroam? If they wanted to shoot eachother then go to a game mode.

3.Achievements/Trophies are for public freeroam, WHY!! I was trying to get from Blackwater to Escalalala and i was just about there when this fucking asshole shoots me and kills me, no big deal right? Well By the time i get done fighting with my retarted horse and i finally get there its already sundown. The last 20 minutes of my lfie are wasted, oh yeah have fun waiting another 40 minutes for it to be day light..

4.When people kill you, you spawn by them, which is awful.

5. You could be level 1 with shitty weapons and they put you in a game with a level 50 asshole who lives on this game, and guess what? chances are hes gonna shoot you, have fun being spawned raped because he has all the cool weapons.

well looky that, those are the reasons I love the multiplayer!  I've never played a multiplayer mode beyond the free roam.

I guess I should add that I love any game that rewards player grieving.

Execpt its not really YOU thats makes me mad, its the shitty game.

@dsister

If i die and its because the basic elements of a online are missing, then of course im gonna complain. Would you get mad if the only way to play any game was on expert? Of course you would.

@Pharaoh 

The stupid ass game spawned me within 30 feet of him, and the autolock on doesnt help either. How the hell did Rockstar screw this up?

But ill say, The COOP is fun as hell, even if it is shitty. I love ranking up and unlocking new stuff, but it feels weird because i already have everything in SP.

wow sorry

I agree it can be annoying but thats why they have "private free roam". I suggest you use that feature if your tired of all the PvP going on.

In private free roam all the trophies/achivements still unlock as it is still online and you can invite friends into your free roam to posse up and go trophy/achivement hunting or xp grinding.

As for no 6. You can teleport to your posse. When you accept a posse invite your given the option to teleport to them or to just walk/ride/stage coach your way there. Unfortunately though your only given that option when you first join the posse.

Also for number 6. You are aware you can find weapons everywhere in the game (best are at gang hideouts) and once you pick them up then your character will always have them. The only thing i do find crap is that you find people with auto aim on and they just use that to aim at your head and kill you instantly while your using the manual aim mode.

Overall though its alot of fun online. I just wish there were more co-op modes other then doing gang hideouts over and over again.

Oniichan said:

I agree it can be annoying but thats why they have "private free roam". I suggest you use that feature if your tired of all the PvP going on.

In private free roam all the trophies/achivements still unlock as it is still online and you can invite friends into your free roam to posse up and go trophy/achivement hunting or xp grinding.

As for no 6. You can teleport to your posse. When you accept a posse invite your given the option to teleport to them or to just walk/ride/stage coach your way there. Unfortunately though your only given that option when you first join the posse.

Also for number 6. You are aware you can find weapons everywhere in the game (best are at gang hideouts) and once you pick them up then your character will always have them. The only thing i do find crap is that you find people with auto aim on and they just use that to aim at your head and kill you instantly while your using the manual aim mode.

Overall though its alot of fun online. I just wish there were more co-op modes other then doing gang hideouts over and over again.

Private Freeroam wont get me the achievements, it has to be  "Public freeroam", this is where rockstar screwed up at.

It sucks that you can only teleport when you first join.

Yea its easy finding weapons,but it doesnt matter as someone always has the better/best weapons.

Also there is supposed to be free DLC coming out, and you know you can fight waves of animals right? Im not sure if it counts towards exp but it looks fun.

Around the Network
Oniichan said:

There will be 6 co-op missions of 4 players. A Free DLC.

OT: The online is great fun once you have buddies to posse up with. Gang hideouts are fun, and being an outlaw at BlackWater with your friends is even more fun.

Well that sucks Garnett. Cause on the PS3 version i get trophies in private free roam mode.

Yeah i know about the waves of animals, thats always fun. The DLC is coming out at the end of this month i belive and i am looking forward to it.

luvtospooge said:
Oniichan said:

There will be 6 co-op missions of 4 players. A Free DLC.

OT: The online is great fun once you have buddies to posse up with. Gang hideouts are fun, and being an outlaw at BlackWater with your friends is even more fun.

Yeah i love killing game memebers.

you know what would be awesome?  If they let you play Texas Hold 'em, Liar's Dice, and Horseshoes against other people online.

I think that the multiplayer has SOOOO much potential, but it is rather shallow and just not very fun.  I loved the game, and I still play the multiplayer, but there are many aspects they could improve.

1)  Open up each free roam session to at least 2 times the amount of people.  The world is really big, and it wouldn't be overcrowded.  Plus you could have more than onebig posse, you could have two or three. 

2)   Minigames, minigames...like I stated, let us play Texas Hold 'em in the public free roam.  I played texas hold em alot in the single player, and cleaned out all those poor souls.  Sure as shooting!

3) Someone stated this earlier, no more names that automatically pop-up above a player.  I can't sneak if you can see my name in giant green letters.  Only exception would be posse members.

4) Utilize the cannons and gatling guns more in multiplayer.  There is only one map that I have played that has the cannon incorporated in it, and it was fun as hell! 

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

Pharaoh said:

you know what would be awesome?  If they let you play Texas Hold 'em, Liar's Dice, and Horseshoes against other people online.

I think that the multiplayer has SOOOO much potential, but it is rather shallow and just not very fun.  I loved the game, and I still play the multiplayer, but there are many aspects they could improve.

1)  Open up each free roam session to at least 2 times the amount of people.  The world is really big, and it wouldn't be overcrowded.  Plus you could have more than onebig posse, you could have two or three. 

2)   Minigames, minigames...like I stated, let us play Texas Hold 'em in the public free roam.  I played texas hold em alot in the single player, and cleaned out all those poor souls.  Sure as shooting!

3) Someone stated this earlier, no more names that automatically pop-up above a player.  I can't sneak if you can see my name in giant green letters.  Only exception would be posse members.

4) Utilize the cannons and gatling guns more in multiplayer.  There is only one map that I have played that has the cannon incorporated in it, and it was fun as hell! 

I agree with everything, and what would be even cooler is if, you can bring your multiplayer character into another characters SP world, kinda like fable. Can you imagen if we both went hunting and we both got a cut? That would be epic, we both could play all the minigames and ect..

That would be epic.