By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 2010 FIFA World Cup??

The Netherlands, of course.

Around the Network

Spain...

The final will be Spain vs Holland!

Xen said:

Spain...

Oooh, that'd be a fantastic match.

Alcoves said:
Xen said:

Spain...

You bet! A climax of offensive football!

Portugal!

They really got a quality team and have produced some good results the past four years (besides qualifying but they did have many clean sheets). Also they are finally considered true underdogs this time out. I mean some people are predicting Ivory Coast over Portugal??

All I know is when Portugal expects to win, they lose. This time they will be working for it.

Ronaldo is great but he can't win the cup alone. Thankfully he won't have to. Simao, Liedson, Deco but especially Nani, lately he's been at the top of his game. They will find the goal (finally).

Besides them their Iberian neighbors Spain have been really impressive as of late.

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

Around the Network
Xen said:
Alcoves said:
Xen said:

Spain...

sorry but think that spain would win this match

playnext3 said:
Xen said:
Alcoves said:
Xen said:

Spain...

And what was it that I said a few posts prior...?

playnext3 said:
Xen said:
Alcoves said:
Xen said:

Spain...

That's what's beautiful about football, though. On any given day (almost) any team can win at this level.

Heck, China beat France in a recent friendly and Mexico took down Italy, the reigning champs (though a lot changes in four years).

LuStaysTru said:

Portugal!

They really got a quality team and have produced some good results the past four years (besides qualifying but they did have many clean sheets). Also they are finally considered true underdogs this time out. I mean some people are predicting Ivory Coast over Portugal??

All I know is when Portugal expects to win, they lose. This time they will be working for it.

Ronaldo is great but he can't win the cup alone. Thankfully he won't have to. Simao, Liedson, Deco but especially Nani, lately he's been at the top of his game. They will find the goal (finally).

Besides them their Iberian neighbors Spain have been really impressive as of late.

It's nice to see someone outside Portugal rooting for our team

Qualifying was a troublesome period for our team, mainly because we came from the Scolari era, which created many rifts in our team. Players were getting complacent and thought they had fixed spots in the national team, so Queiroz tried to show that he could pick whomever he wanted. That lead to use using over 50 players during qualifiers, which in turn hurt us in a lot of matches.

I think Ronaldo may do a great cup, but Nani, Meireles and Bruno Alves will also be paramount to what we will achieve on the cup. If Deco recovers some of his previous form, he too will be massively important to our team.

Didn't knew that about people betting Ivory Coast over Portugal. It's true that they have an offensive to be feared, but they're very disorganized in the back. Since Portugal plays a very counter-offensive football, that could cause a bit of damage to them. The contrary can also be said, if they start dominating us mid-field, we might suffer some goals as well. 

The first two matches will be paramount to our fate in the WC. If we manage to get the 6 points against Ivory Coast and North Korea, then we don't have to worry too much in the match against Brazil. The problem though, is that second place in the group will most definitely match us up against Spain in the last 16 match

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Alcoves said:

The Netherlands, of course.

I dont think that place out of Peter Pan takes part 

I also find it funny how all the USA supporters are convinced they are going to beat England, but if anyone asked them about the Football world cup they would be rather clueless