By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many pushups can you do?

I play water polo sooo ~100-160 depending on how hard the swim set was before hand.

Around the Network

this will sound ridicolous but i cant do any proper pushups.Every time i try,my elbows pop out to the side...

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

LuStaysTru said:

You lift approximately ` of your bodyweight with each pushup, so just multiply you weight time .6

For example I weigh 140 pounds (skinny I know, I hear it all the time) so each pushup would be 84 pounds. I tested it by doing a push up on a scale and it came up exactly 84 pounds so I think it's pretty accurate.

Right now just starting I can do 30 pushups but my goal is 100! Go to this site: http://www.hundredpushups.com/index.html if you want to reach that goal too. Then come back and post your progress.

Well, when I was in shape, weighed 140 pounds and worked out 5 hours a day(I was skitzophrenic and manic), I could 150 pushups. Now that I weigh 220 pounds and am lazy and have no muscle tone... 20 pushups. I also used to be able to do 10 four fingered push ups( I was trying to work my way up to two fingered pushups like Bruce Lee), 10 one arm push ups with my right , and 3 one arm push ups with me left. 

I can only do one four finger push up now, and it hurts like hell...

I also used to be as flexible as this guy and used to be able to do the thumb suspension like this guy...

I also used to be able to do the sidesplits and frontsplits and used to be able to kick like jean claude van damme

I WISH i never had got admitted to the mental hospital. I was better off crazy training five hours a day thinking I was a ninja.

About 20-30. I'm a weak piece of shit.

i can do around 100K or maybe 250K on a good day

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

I weight around 165lbs and I can do 30 pushups.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

oh look this thread again :D

40@250

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

NKAJ said:

this will sound ridicolous but i cant do any proper pushups.Every time i try,my elbows pop out to the side...

unless you are talking about your elbows actually dislocating...then thats fine.  the position of your arms just works different muscles.  nothing wrong with it.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I used to be extremely athletic and could pump 50 easily with maybe a 70 max at one point. But I just tried now and I was really forcing it to do 35 real pushups weighing at 135. I really gotta get back into shape, but I can pretty much do an unlimited amount of sit-ups lol.

200 push ups non-stop, 3 times a day. In prison: you have a lot free time on your hands. Sit ups and push ups help pass time. In prison I did up to 3,000 sit ups and 1,000 push ups: every day. 

Most days I do 200 push ups a day and 500 sit ups a day. I also run 10 miles a day. 

I would not say I am fit, just average fitness. I am no Olympian and definitely not professional athlete. Just a regular person trying to keep in shape.