By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many pushups can you do?

About 60. Though I'm working greatly on my muscles and my next aim is 100 push-ups. I still remember when I used to do cart-wheels and backflips but that was when I was considerably lighter (and more flexible).

Btw, I weigh 11 stones, whatever that amounts to in pounds.

Edit: I guess I weigh around 155 pounds.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
trashleg said:

i can't even do one. but its not my fault, i've never learned how to do it.. besides, i have that excess weight at the front so thats my excuse. shoosht.

<creepy>

pics or they don't exist

</creepy>

lulz, no. existence does not need to be proven.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
trashleg said:
superchunk said:
trashleg said:

i can't even do one. but its not my fault, i've never learned how to do it.. besides, i have that excess weight at the front so thats my excuse. shoosht.

<creepy>

pics or they don't exist

</creepy>

lulz, no. existence does not need to be proven.

Crush you and your piety!!!

trashleg said:

Oh wait, I just read that website and read about wall push-ups. I've done those before, they were fun. I'll stick with those

cheat.

You could try push ups from the knees instead of the feet.... they are not so easy as wall push ups but not as hard as real push ups.

Ah, it shows them on the site too.

or for a much tougher push up, make your body into an A-frame. (might be dangerous though, I have never tried but they are supposedly harder than normal push ups, and I would think if your arms gave way you would land on your head)

Hmm its been a min since I tried to do max set . Usually do 25-25-25 during warm up .  If I had to guess probably 50-70 I only weight in the 145-155 range.

Around the Network
trashleg said:

Wouldn't that help though?  Just means you don't need to go down as far... ;)

On topic, half of one, I assume going down counts as half of one :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

i can do about 55 pushups right now, if i don't work out at all i can do about 35-40.

well i trained for a half a year one time specifically for pushups and was able to do 130 pushups, ended up being a waste of time.  Even though i could do tons of pushups i was really only good at pushups.  I started lifting weights right after that and quit pushups and i got much stronger, after about 4 months of lifting weights i was way stronger in almost ever way but i could only do 60 pushups compared to the 130 i could do before.  Pushups are good but it's better to have a well rounded workout.

I do knuckle pushups with a slightly wider than shoulder form, i go all the way down until i just about touch the ground. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

pushups:  80

weight:  560

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Oh you meant how much you can pull off?

In that case 50 before I really get sapped out of energy!

I really thought it was on set periods, oops.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

MrBubbles said:

pushups:  80

weight:  560

560 what? grams? ounces? lol