By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will SMG2 outsell SMG in their respective lifetimes?

I hope it does well.  I was playing SMG2, and the word "wonder" came to my mind.  Now, if I can just get more time to play it.

Around the Network

It had giant pre-order sales due to insane hype and anticipation from the last game. The legs will be worse because there won't be holiday sales to prop it up for the next month as the original game had. It certainly won't be an evergreen title.

I do not think so.

killeryoshis said:

No, Why? because direct sequals of nintendo games always do worse. Its like law nowadays

As silly as this sounds, it's 100% true.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

maybe, but the dissadvantege is no holiday, the adv is nsmbwii fanbase

Around the Network

I doubt it but it's not impossible.  It's not the kind of sequel which requires you to play the first game to enjoy it.  I could see it outselling the first but if it does only by a small amount.

killeryoshis said:

No, Why? because direct sequals of nintendo games always do worse. Its like law nowadays

What do you mean by direct sequels? Like, sequels on the same system?

Sempuukyaku said:
killeryoshis said:

yeah that's what I mean

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
Sempuukyaku said:
killeryoshis said:

yeah that's what I mean

Gotcha. There was only one example, which was that Mario Bros 3 outsold Mario Bros 2. But that's it. Otherwise you're right on the money.

I'm pretty sure it can. The larger userbase,advertizing, and reviews seem to be helping it a lot. I also think that this game will do very well this holiday season. Super Mario Galaxy deserved higher sales, so having this game hit 10 million would be perfect.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!