By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Morgan Webb rants about Super Mario Galaxy 2, hilariously bad reasons

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
dtewi said:

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

look. im not debatting this. so what she makes no sence. if it in 3D already you can say shes out of her mind. but her right ti an opinion right or senceless as it maybe is hers

You're missing the point.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, but the basis on which said opinion is set can be incorrect and false.

Do you understand?

THAT ON WHICH AN OPINION IS SET IS ALLOWED TO BE ARGUED AND IN TURN MAKES THE VALIDITY OF THE OPINION COME INTO QUESTION.

Again:

MORGAN WEBB DOES NOT LIKE SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2. SHE SETS THIS OPINION ON THE IDEA THAT THE GAME IS NOT 3D ENOUGH AND IT IS TOO CARTOONY. THESE REASONS ARE NOT VALID AND WE CAN QUESTION HER OPINION.

Again:

EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO AN OPINION, BUT THEY ARE ALLOWED TO BE CHALLENGE IF THEY ARE UNREASONABLE AND HAVE NO SOLID REASONS TO BACK THEM UP.

Again;

JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO AN OPINION DOES NOT MEAN IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE QUESTIONED.

Do you understand now?

i didn't say it souldn't be question.  all i said was that it's her opinnion and she has a right to it no matter how stupid it sounds.

No one here is saying she doesn't have the right to speak her opinion. No one is telling her to shut up.

People are just saying she's a horrible gaming journalist, which is true.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
dtewi said:

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

look. im not debatting this. so what she makes no sence. if it in 3D already you can say shes out of her mind. but her right ti an opinion right or senceless as it maybe is hers

You're missing the point.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, but the basis on which said opinion is set can be incorrect and false.

Do you understand?

THAT ON WHICH AN OPINION IS SET IS ALLOWED TO BE ARGUED AND IN TURN MAKES THE VALIDITY OF THE OPINION COME INTO QUESTION.

Again:

MORGAN WEBB DOES NOT LIKE SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2. SHE SETS THIS OPINION ON THE IDEA THAT THE GAME IS NOT 3D ENOUGH AND IT IS TOO CARTOONY. THESE REASONS ARE NOT VALID AND WE CAN QUESTION HER OPINION.

Again:

EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO AN OPINION, BUT THEY ARE ALLOWED TO BE CHALLENGE IF THEY ARE UNREASONABLE AND HAVE NO SOLID REASONS TO BACK THEM UP.

Again;

JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO AN OPINION DOES NOT MEAN IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE QUESTIONED.

Do you understand now?

i didn't say it souldn't be question.  all i said was that it's her opinnion and she has a right to it no matter how stupid it sounds.

No one here is saying she doesn't have the right to speak her opinion. No one is telling her to shut up.

People are just saying she's a horrible gaming journalist, which is true.

well? i guse thats it then. see you in the next thread.

i only quoted this because i lost intress in the debate, and the opnion about her being a horrible gaming journalist is just that. anpther opinion.

There is a reason why "adult themes" are labeled as such.  Nintendo's games have a massive lack of adult themes, hense some people say they are childish.  Now I don't care if a good platformer looks like Mario or Gears of War.  Presentation and graphics are not half as important as gameplay.  That said, when it comes to story I want something a little more mature than "hero saves princess... again"  That's a story you tell 6 year olds and Nintendo thinks we are all eternally 6.  The large sales numbers of such games tell me they are probably right.  Give me something thought provoking like Red Dead Redemption any day of the week, but hey, different strokes for different folks.  I did love those games when I was a kid.

As for Morgan, she's allright but she's a big FPS/RTS and MMO gamer, obviously she's not going to be a fan of the Wii.

And seriously, when the E rated to M rated ratio is like 20:1 on any given system, yes, people will say its a childish system.  Just look at the Wii game case in any store and honestly tell me you see a lot of games aimed at adults.  And I honestly would like to know the real ratio of E to M on the Wii.

JPL78 said:

There is a reason why "adult themes" are labeled as such.  Nintendo's games have a massive lack of adult themes, hense some people say they are childish.  Now I don't care if a good platformer looks like Mario or Gears of War.  Presentation and graphics are not half as important as gameplay.  That said, when it comes to story I want something a little more mature than "hero saves princess... again"  That's a story you tell 6 year olds and Nintendo thinks we are all eternally 6.  The large sales numbers of such games tell me they are probably right.  Give me something thought provoking like Red Dead Redemption any day of the week, but hey, different strokes for different folks.  I did love those games when I was a kid.

As for Morgan, she's allright but she's a big FPS/RTS and MMO gamer, obviously she's not going to be a fan of the Wii.

And seriously, when the E rated to M rated ratio is like 20:1 on any given system, yes, people will say its a childish system.  Just look at the Wii game case in any store and honestly tell me you see a lot of games aimed at adults.  And I honestly would like to know the real ratio of E to M on the Wii.

See, about story, it's not like every tittle should have "though provoking story". Your apparent assumption that you either like tittles with no/bare-bones story or you like tittles with more dense storys, but not both, is also wrong. That's kind of like saying people can't like both comedy and suspense. Thing is, both have their strenghts and both can be appreciated in different ocasions. So yeah, when you look at it and so many games nowadays are story-driven, it's kinda silly to complain there's this one game which is just purelly about near-perfect gameplay.

EDIT: Besides, now that I think of it, this is a bit off-topic. The girl said herself she'd rather have Mario with no story at all, so that was obviously not her point.

Was listening the the gonintendo podcast, and they made some good points. For one, platformers, especially one like Mario, generally HAVE TO be cartoony, or else the game wouldn't make sense. You have all these floating platforms in random spots, crazy enemies, etc.. The very essence of a good platformer is that element of fantasy and obscurity, which obviously makes for a "cartoony" game.

What exactly is the alternative for a Mario platformer, if not cartoony? I don't think I would want to play a game like that.

Around the Network
amp316 said:

Morgan Webb is still pretty and that's all that matters.

She is female, after all. That means there's the possibility that she'll have sex with me. Therefore i must respect her opinion on that off-chance, lest i be rejected.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
amp316 said:

Morgan Webb is still pretty and that's all that matters.

She is female, after all. That means there's the possibility that she'll have sex with me. Therefore i must respect her opinion on that off-chance, lest i be rejected.

i'll second that.

@farmageddon, I didn't listen to her point nor did I have time to read the 37 pages before this.  I've been watching her on t.v. since The Screen Savers though.  Her point was probably more that she would rather have Mario with no story at all because Mario stories are childish non-stories.  Platformers like Rachet and Clank can do story properly and comedy.  I hate to say it as a Zelda fan but Zelda stories are quite dumb as well, to the point of having to explain it as some sort of Lost/Alternate Universe thing where each game is a different world, all so they can basically tell the same story over and over.

Look, Nintendo is good, I'm not saying anything otherwise.  But they are really limited in some aspects and some fans will never admit that.  Meanwhile anyone stating an opposing opinion must be defly wrong. Nintendo just doesn't do it for me anymore, old gameboy games aside.  I guess I grew up but if I want a silly cartoon romp I will pick up one of the fine Mario games for said gameboy, not a 50 dollar Wii game.

And I'm sure Galaxy 2 is excellent by its review scores.

JPL78 said:

@farmageddon, I didn't listen to her point nor did I have time to read the 37 pages before this.  I've been watching her on t.v. since The Screen Savers though.  Her point was probably more that she would rather have Mario with no story at all because Mario stories are childish non-stories.  Platformers like Rachet and Clank can do story properly and comedy.  I hate to say it as a Zelda fan but Zelda stories are quite dumb as well, to the point of having to explain it as some sort of Lost/Alternate Universe thing where each game is a different world, all so they can basically tell the same story over and over.

Look, Nintendo is good, I'm not saying anything otherwise.  But they are really limited in some aspects and some fans will never admit that.  Meanwhile anyone stating an opposing opinion must be defly wrong. Nintendo just doesn't do it for me anymore, old gameboy games aside.  I guess I grew up but if I want a silly cartoon romp I will pick up one of the fine Mario games for said gameboy, not a 50 dollar Wii game.

And I'm sure Galaxy 2 is excellent by its review scores.

I understand not reading the whole topic (even if I don't understand using so little posts per page :P), but not listening to what she said is pretty much the same thing as not reading the OP, which is a very bad thing, at least in my book.

Besides, she clearly says on the video she'd rather have no history at all on Mario games.

And by all means, suit yourself if you don't feel like buying the game, what's being argued is that her reasons make very little sense. The way she put them was even worse. Truth is, there's no way Mario wouldn't have a carttony art style, and not every game needs deep stories.

Also, I really don't understand how you still like old gameboy games and yet can't see the value on some of their new outings, like Galaxy 2, but anyway.Your equating value with "matureness" (as in child-unfriendlyness but not in adult-friendlyness), which makes no sense whatsoever to me.

@Farmageddon, I think your pegging me wrong.  I actually like cartoons and still watch them.  I don't play that many cartoony games but they don't bother me.  I just don't have a Wii or feel the need for one but if I did I would at least rent Galaxy 2.  The last one I played was Sunshine and it let me down.

Anyway, I won't comment on things if I don't have proper time anymore.