By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Morgan Webb rants about Super Mario Galaxy 2, hilariously bad reasons

I must say that am rather sick of the conception that because a direct sequel goes with the same formula as it's previous iteration, it is the same game again. I find it rather beclouding, ignorant and truthfully, very infuriating how some people can be so blind to the clear differences between some titles, and try to use this dreadfully inaccurate sense with the intent of trying to lower people's opinions of the title, including their own - especially when oftentimes they may not have even played the game for a respectful period of time, if at all.

Modern Warfare 2 is not the same as Call of Duty 4, it's a completely different game, it has a different campaign, Spec Ops - an entirely new game mode - more online multiplayer modes and maps. Super Mario Galaxy 2 has introduced numerous new gameplay mechanics and a host of new worlds to traverse, alongside addressing the gameplay issues of its predecessor to create a brand new experience. These games are outstanding. One may not be so fond of the gameplay formula of these titles, which i concede is fair enough, however this does not indicate that the title itself is at serious fault, but rather the player is unwilling to bear an open mind, and it really shows when they have no concrete reason for why the game is flawed other than It's just the same game again. Honestly, some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

How technical is your game?

Around the Network
nathantay said:

So Morgan Webb should lie and say she loved MG2 even though she didn't just to make some people happy.

*whoosh*

Hynad said:

Rpruett:  I find this quite hypocritical of you to complain about the "stagnation" of Mario games when you yourself own multiple editions of NHL and especially NFL games.  ¬_¬

Ah.  A 'Sports' hater.   Whatever floats your boat man, right?

Although you are getting an incorrect picture.  I may own plenty of sports games, but if you are truly asking me if I WANT to?  No, I don't.   I hate EA Sports with a passion due in large part to how they nickle and dime and screw over their loyal sports fanbase.

Madden (For example) has monopolized the NFL.  So as a pretty avid football fan, If I want to get my football fix for the football season or whenever, I HAVE to purchase Madden.  Additionally, with the yearly team updates...real life free agency movement...roster updates...incoming rookie class...etc  they make it very hard to keep playing a specific Madden for any great period of time because within a year or two it's totally out-dated and they purposefully don't allow you to upgrade with updated rosters.  (And I'm not a PC Madden player).

I loved the Sega Sports versions of the NFL games prior to the arrival of the NFL monopoly and I supported them heavily. As they hit the market at 20$ brand new and were a superior game to Madden.  This prompted the NFL / EA into an exclusive agreement.

Trust me, I wish I could play Madden 2007 on PS2 with all the features it had with a current roster. 

Lastly, for as stale as sports franchises are often made and for as much as I hate how they operate them.  I could drastically show a difference in terms of a 1996 Madden game to a 2010 one.  In terms of gameplay, complexity, features, online versus, online co-op, online franchise, etc.    A difference that flat out, you don't really see from Mario 64-Mario Galaxy.

A while back I hated Adam Sessler because of the immature way he reviewed stuff, then Morgan Webb became the most pretentious TV personality ever, it was a sad day when I felt that Sessler was better.

@ Rpruett: I do wonder how you got the idea that I'm a sports hater... ¬_¬

And just so you know,I (and many others here who don't act out of pure bad faith) could mention a lot of differences between Mario 64 and Galaxy. 

And you compared a Sega Genesis version of Madden to the latest version... hum...

Then, to be fair:

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

I missed nothing, I just think its a flawed statement when used for defence of your point.  I showed the flaws of it and if you are concerned with looking like an adult or not has nothing to do with whether something is adult or not.  Those people you list are exceptions, if you want to look at who reads such books the vast majority are children because they are wrote for children.  That is why they are sold in the childrens section.

....You continue to miss the point. Something being designed to be friendly to children should not be a barrier to enjoyment by adults! That is the point. Disparaging something for being chihldish is by the nature of the action a childish proposition!

I feel bad for KylieDog, this time because he never watches Pixar or Dreamworks movies.  What a sad life.

KylieDog said:

Those family movies?

You would think that but then you need ignore my posts to reach that conclusion.  Well done.

Sweet, we share something in common.

KylieDog said:
Khuutra said:

....You continue to miss the point. Something being designed to be friendly to children should not be a barrier to enjoyment by adults! That is the point. Disparaging something for being chihldish is by the nature of the action a childish proposition!

Ok now you're the one ignoring what I posted already.  I can't be bothered with this.

Your point has shit all to do with the quote, though. You can say "I would like to ignore the quote, please" and we could do that, but no, you ocntinue to insist that in some tangential, magical way your point ocntinues to apply to a quote which specifically says that people who hold "adult" as a word of praise or something to adhere to cannot themselves be adults.

KylieDog said:
noname2200 said:

I feel bad for KylieDog, this time because he never watches Pixar or Dreamworks movies.  What a sad life.

Those family movies?

You would think that but then you need ignore my posts to reach that conclusion.  Well done.

I don't even know what your point is.

According to you, since Pixar films are aimed at children, only children should watch them?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you