By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF XIII is a lot more better than I anticipated

I totally agree about the no useless character thing. I agree with xxain about the vanille & snow thing.

But seriously Vanille almost ruined some of the EPIC cut scenes....she is the only character I didn't understand.

@dtewi

Vanille DOES NOT have two grains of importance to the games story, Fang & Vanille have the most importance to the story actually, many people think she should have been the main character instead (Ewwwwwww)

Then again you didn't even know about the 3 God's thing

She is important to the story but her motivations didn't make sense to me........everyone elses made sense to me & I loved all the characters except her.

Agree about the paradigm shift, thought it was a gimmick till Odin's fight.

Loved the battle system, characters, depth of the world lore's & so on

But yeah the game is easily my 2nd favourite FF (Chapters 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12 being so amazing), but a few mediocre chapters keep it short of FF6's greatness.

Lightning FTW!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Vanille is vital to the story.. as is every main character in the game..

mM
leo-j said:

Vanille is vital to the story.. as is every main character in the game..

Even the cute frocobo is vital!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

dtewi said:
Xxain said:

huh!? Vanille is actually very usefull in the game she has some of best and most needed magic in the game. I think snow was the most useless character. They made you play without him for so long that i never ever incorporated him into my style, he was my least used character

Talking about the story, Vanille being out of it *literally* wouldn't have affected it all.

I would have like the game considerably more if she didn't exist. She was perhaps the most annoying character in any game I've ever come accross.

While the battle system seemed fresh, quick and fun at first, I hated it later on. I like to have full control over at least my main character, thank you.

Around the Network

yes its one ov my favrite FF's, bt i will hve to say tht fang ws a bad chrcter.

guys complaining about vanille, u hve to understand th game hs to appeal to jpn & west, chrcters like vanille are likd in japan, they r sumthing devs need to do.

FFXIII got too much shit. The game itself was great. What sucked ass was post game, you basically do hunts and nothing else happens, same as XII. There are no more interesting sidequests.

Main game - 9.5
Post game - 6

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Vanille is NOT useless! That is some major eye candy!

and it's good to hear your enjoying it. FF XIII is a great game!

Wagram said:

Vanille is NOT useless! That is some major eye candy!

and it's good to hear your enjoying it. FF XIII is a great game!

Agreed. She's useful for... certain things.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Yeah too bad reviewers couldn't handle the change of the new FF. It really is the best jrpg this gen imo.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB