By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - L.A Noire now on 360. How long for The Agent?

Euphoria14 said:
Fumanchu said:

Yeah that's true - though I can only speculate the details of this contract are like many others in which, have many clauses and options to either continue paying for exclusivity based on the investor's projected sales margins or the publisher is free to release it on rival platforms.  I think $20 million for a Rockstar exclusive for life is very generous. 

Well they invested ~$20M into LA Noire and after a few years they had nothing to show to Sony. They are getting a brand new IP as an exclusive and I am sure they are also funding it as well on top of the ~$20M they already spent.

Seems like a fair deal.

Lets not Forget how much the Trade of GTAIV From Exclusive to multiplat was worth.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
Attoyou said:
Euphoria14 said:
Fumanchu said:

Yeah that's true - though I can only speculate the details of this contract are like many others in which, have many clauses and options to either continue paying for exclusivity based on the investor's projected sales margins or the publisher is free to release it on rival platforms.  I think $20 million for a Rockstar exclusive for life is very generous. 

Well they invested ~$20M into LA Noire and after a few years they had nothing to show to Sony. They are getting a brand new IP as an exclusive and I am sure they are also funding it as well on top of the ~$20M they already spent.

Seems like a fair deal.

Lets not Forget how much the Trade of GTAIV From Exclusive to multiplat was worth.

Well I am not sure if a contract for exclusivity was in place for GTA IV. If it was however, getting Agent for ~$20M may be compensation for breaching the contract. 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Wait!

Sony money hatted Rockstar? Now they cant say that they dont pay for 3rd party exclusivity.

But im predicting that LA Nore will come to 360 eventually, maybe a year after release with free DLC.

Garnett said:

Wait!

Sony money hatted Rockstar? Now they cant say that they dont pay for 3rd party exclusivity.

But im predicting that LA Nore will come to 360 eventually, maybe a year after release with free DLC.

LA Noire is already coming to 360, this is about Agent.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
Garnett said:

Wait!

>_<

Right, typo.. Stupid typos :P

I expect Agent to come to 360 then, a year or two after release with free DLC.

Around the Network
Garnett said:
Euphoria14 said:
Garnett said:

Wait!

>_<

Right, typo.. Stupid typos :P

I expect Agent to come to 360 then, a year or two after release with free DLC.

Only thing that makes this rumor less likely though is that it will probably require a breach of contract, which will undoubtedly require the 1-2 year exclusivity window and most likely some monetary compensation, which would probably be the ~$20M Sony funded Rockstar with for LA Noire that ultimately landed them Agent.

I doubt it will be as easy as R* just wanting to tap into the 360 userbase.

Currently playing:

Nah I don't think so Selnor. I think it will stay exclusive, but then again, anything can happen.

Fumanchu said:

Find it interesting that apparently the $20 million that Sony paid Team Bondi for LA Noire is inherently more valuable than the $50 million that MS paid RockStar for the GTA IV expansions exclusivity.

Why does $20 million = exclusive forever and $50 million = exclusive for 1 year only?

Wasn't MS's money more of a loan or an advance though? I remember reading that before. So maybe MS got exclusivity until they got that money back or just assumed a year would be enough

Whereas Sony were just giving Team Bondi money to make the game in return for it being exclusive. Could go some way to explaining it

Either way Agent will be at least a timed exclusive

Fumanchu said:

Well, not only is it New IP vs Assured 10M series, but also this deal was made as long ago as 2002 or even earlier. Time is Money in business so no doubt SONY would use that to increase the value of their investment in an argument. No doubt there's some inflation involved.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
BMaker11 said:
selnor said:
pinkyxyz said:

This gen has turned changed from "ps3 has no games" to "which ps3 exclusive can we get next". If you really have to ask a question like that, then you should already know which console you need to get.

This my friend is not the case and you know it. It's in a latest 360 mag. So I asked who thinks it's true? No harm done.

And you know that loads of PS3 fans want 360 exclusives to in forums. So dont act like that. There was no need. Your final warning.

Only reason PS3 fans started saying "we want this and that 360 exclusive"....is because 360 fans have been doing it this entire gen so far! You want to know why "PS3 has no games" started? It's because 360 kept getting PS3 exclusives. 

This may very well be something for a 360 mag, but don't act like what he said isn't true. Everytime the mere thought of a PS3 exclusive comes up..."you cant ignore (insert amount) 360 userbase, you're passing on free $$$". PS3 fans wanting 360 exclusives is only something I like to call retalitorial irony. Check any forum and you won't see any PS3 fans asking for Gears of War back in 2007...but when Capcom made DMC4 exclusive, the only games targeted were Dead Rising and Lost Planet. When Assassin's Creed went multiplat, PS3 fans asked for Splinter Cell. Etc. Now it's become customary for PS3 exclusives to go multiplatform, so now it's only a matter of: where's the equal treatment, developers?

Sad part is, 360 owners do it for every game that isn't 100% clearly tied to SONY. Just look at Demon's Souls after it launched. Half the staff behind development was from SCEJ yet there were still a load of 360 fans asking if it would come to 360...

Proof?? As far as I know From Software developed Demons Souls internally.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad