By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [userscripts] Ignore a fool via the wonder of extensibility

Click on these fucking radio buttons

Yes 6 13.64%

No 0 0%

I am ambivalent 5 11.36%

I have a dynamic IP so I voted again 13 29.55%

No account, but can vote 4 9.09%

No account, voted again 1 2.27%

Polls mean fuck-all due to the above reasons 15 34.09%

Total:44

Thanks, using the blue one now, a lot easier on the eyes.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

Awesome job for doing that but I'm not going to use it.

• I'm stubborn
  • I'm impatient and don't want to wait for the extra load time
  • I don't want to support terrible site design.  If I use the userScript, I won't bitch about the bad design anymore.
  • Don't get me wrong, I'm getting use to the layout and it's not bad, when I say terrible site design I mean it was a piss poor idea to pick bright green text on a white background.  The buttons are annoying but I can handle those, it's just the green text that is painful on the eyes.

I'm sorry, I don't know who implemented it, but did you even try reading that?  Did you get other people to try and read it? 

Again, I'm not trying to sound rude, but we went through the same thing with VGC2.0 and the bright red text and now we're going through it again.

You may want to adjust your monitor contrast and brightness - the green text is mostly on a light grey background so it shouldn't be hurting your eyes.  Plus I wouldn't say it's a bright green, to me and the rest of people it is more like a mid green. 

Munkeh111 said:

Am I the only one who really likes the colouring?

I like it too, I think I prefer that light blue, but not by much.

Took a minute to load but that blue is incredibly swanky.

Man.

Between this and WoW's updated Ignore User Script, Greasemonkey is really awesome for my GamrConnect experience.

twesterm said:

• I'm stubborn
  • I don't want to support terrible site design.  If I use the userScript, I won't bitch about the bad design anymore.
  • Don't get me wrong, I'm getting use to the layout and it's not bad, when I say terrible site design I mean it was a piss poor idea to pick bright green text on a white background.  The buttons are annoying but I can handle those, it's just the green text that is painful on the eyes.

I'm sorry, I don't know who implemented it, but did you even try reading that?  Did you get other people to try and read it? 

Again, I'm not trying to sound rude, but we went through the same thing with VGC2.0 and the bright red text and now we're going through it again.

I have lowered the brightness of my monitor to some extent that I can browse the site and do my regular pc activities, I suggest you do the same.

I would've stopped visiting the site but ffs I keep coming back it's extra nice here ;(, I'll probably end up with bookmarking several pages for quicker browsing.

Around the Network
    sad.man.loves.vgc said:
    twesterm said:

• I'm stubborn

I have lowered the brightness of my monitor to some extent that I can browse the site and do my regular pc activities, I suggest you do the same.

I would've stopped visiting the site but ffs I keep coming back it's extra nice here ;(, I'll probably end up with bookmarking several pages for quicker browsing.

Some graphic cards let you adjust "digital vibrance", and that'll have an impact on the contrast of light colors with light backgrounds  taht can be pretty big in some cases.

TWRoO said:

The blue does look nice, not keen on the red though.

Still, I have no problem with the green, don't want to install greasemonkey and don't want the apparent extra loading time.

Well, that answers the question I had.  I was wondering what to do to make it work, but if it means having to actually install something else to make a script work, it's not worth my trouble. Though I won't deny the effort that went into it.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

dunno001 said:
    TWRoO said:

Still, I have no problem with the green, don't want to install greasemonkey and don't want the apparent extra loading time.

Well, that answers the question I had.  I was wondering what to do to make it work, but if it means having to actually install something else to make a script work, it's not worth my trouble. Though I won't deny the effort that went into it.

Greasemonkey is so easy to install it's criminal.

Khuutra said:
    dunno001 said:
    TWRoO said:

Besides, it's not like you actually notice it's there

zexen_lowe said:
    Khuutra said:

Besides, it's not like you actually notice it's there

And who knows what kindn of user scripts we might get in the future. First an ignore feature, then different-colored buttons.... then, who knows?