By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tales of Innocence

As I've said about a thousand times, much to the annoyance of pretty much everyone else on these boards, I don't particularly care for RPGs, and more to the point, I've never played a "Tales of" game; however, I was struck by both the graphical and technical scope of this game on a machine like the DS.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-964887836467408260&q=tales+of+innocence+trailer+new&total=16&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

Is this... old news? I don't keep up with RPG stuff :/ 

naz's note: Hope you don't mind Bod, but I found the full 4 and a half minute trailer and embeded it.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

This doesn't look like a ds game O_O, it looks even better then tales of legendia O_O I hope it has a good story to accompany the game. Thanks for the post :D

Give Tales a chance Bodhesatva. It is easily the best mainstream JRPG series I know. Try Tales of Symphonia or Phantasia at least. The plot of these games have some interesting philosophical bits (small ones, but interesting).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Tales of Symphonia is one of the greatest games on the Gamecube (every time you play it. And trust me, when you beat it once, you want to beat it again, and again, and again.... {2.5 times for me, but then the friend who I was borrowing it from wanted it back })

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

This is my most anticipated RPG of 2008, and one of my most anticipated of the generation. Everything about that trailers screams epic, and I love Tales of Symphonia. This game is going to be amazing. I've been trying to hype it to VGC members since TGS but they seem to ignore it.

Around the Network
adajio said:
Tales of Symphonia is one of the greatest games on the Gamecube (every time you play it. And trust me, when you beat it once, you want to beat it again, and again, and again.... {2.5 times for me, but then the friend who I was borrowing it from wanted it back })

Try the nearest GameStop. It was the best U$ 18 I spent in my entire life.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Maybe I'll try it...but I still have barely touched FFIII after paying full price...I'm just not a big turn-based RPG fan, but there's exceptions.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Maybe I'll try it...but I still have barely touched FFIII after paying full price...I'm just not a big turn-based RPG fan, but there's exceptions.

Well no worries then, it's an action RPG hehe.

It's not turn based so you might prefer this Ben! It's active battle!

I'm really looking forward OWNING and BEATING that game! ^^

Argh, there isn't nearly enough interest in this game. I guess the problem is that ToS was on the Gamecube, so not many people know of its greatness.