By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Please bring the Hot Topics box back!

me too :(

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Indeed...

According to what I've read in other threads, ioi doesn't want the "hot topics" feature because it results in trolling.

It doesn't make any sense to me to try to reduce trolling by making the forums harder to navigate and keep track of, but to each his own I guess.

LOL? SRSLY?

the only reason he wouldn't bring it back is because reduces the number of visited pages by the members which means less ads and less money and it's all fine but to insult our intelligence by similar illogical reasoning is just ...... insulting!

to the dedicated members, let's offer a deal.

The deal is simple , we promise brett to click on the ads at least 10 times daily if he brings back the hot topics, we spend hours on the site so it shouldn't be a problem!

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
NJ5 said:

Indeed...

According to what I've read in other threads, ioi doesn't want the "hot topics" feature because it results in trolling.

It doesn't make any sense to me to try to reduce trolling by making the forums harder to navigate and keep track of, but to each his own I guess.

LOL? SRSLY?

the only reason he wouldn't bring it back is because reduces the number of visited pages by the members which means less ads and less money and it's all fine but to insult our intelligence by similar illogical reasoning is just ...... insulting!

Uhh yea. We would never do that.That's annoying on other websites and we wouldn't do that here.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

saicho said:

^

Right now the new interface is clumsy. While it may have achieved the goal of defining the site, it's certainly not too user friendly. Everything we used to be able to access requires more clicks now. And I can't find the sale numbers for indivisual games anymore. At least it's not obivous to me.

Not sure why this is so hard for some people. Explore a little! Read the hub page! VGChartz is the numbers website. You can find all the numbers there.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

i visit this site a lot less because of the lack of hot topics. its way too annoying to navigate now and hot topics were 90% of the reason i come here. since the change ive probably read about 10 threads, whereas i'd visit 10 /day on 2.0

For me it was hard because there was no pre anouncment that I saw.I just came and everything was different. It was a shock to me. A heads up is always nice

Kynes said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I agree I want it back

AND THE SIDEBAR that went red when you got quoted (lol am I the only wanting that feature back)

You're not the only one. I think it was one of the best features VGC2.0 had.

I suggested that feature way back in 1.0 to Talonman or whoever was responsible at the time and I was told it probably couldn't be done. Then, hey presto, it appeared in 2.0, and I still haven't seen a single cent :P

loadedstatement said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
NJ5 said:

Indeed...

LOL? SRSLY?

Uhh yea. We would never do that.That's annoying on other websites and we wouldn't do that here.

really? I feel stupid and very rude now, I am sorry for saying that.

loadedstatement said:
saicho said:

^

Right now the new interface is clumsy. While it may have achieved the goal of defining the site, it's certainly not too user friendly. Everything we used to be able to access requires more clicks now. And I can't find the sale numbers for indivisual games anymore. At least it's not obivous to me.

Not sure why this is so hard for some people. Explore a little! Read the hub page! VGChartz is the numbers website. You can find all the numbers there.

Maybe that's a sign that either 1) the design is not user friendly enough or 2) we are all lazy?

I did find it out in the end (which I have to do it on vgchartz page but not from the GamrReview page). However, it was not obvious. Also, if I find the game in GamrReview, it gives me the information about the game like summary, review, release dates etc but no sale numbers at all. I understand you want to keep it separate and maybe don't want to put the info direct on the page. However, why not put a external link for it? Why force the user to go to another page and type in the search again to get the sale numbers?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.