By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your take on creationism/creationists?

mirgro said:
TX109 said:
mirgro said:

And that's why atheists are against religious people. They read it in a fairy tale and then they want to make everyone behave by it. I am sorry no, I don't want people who are so gullible as to fall for unicorns to dictate how people live their lives. Hence, it needs to stop. I don't want anything of them other than to shut the hell up and keep their fiction out of my reality. That's exactly the difference between the two. Religious people are offensive, while atheists are just playing defense. As I said, I can't give a damn about what someone believes, but apparently religious people really feel the need to tell me what to do according to them.

and im sure they dont want to be run by a bunch of "godless heathens". im sure they want you (and atheists) to keep your fiction out of their reality. at least try to think of it from their point of view.

and atheists are always defensive? what the hell are you doing then? you call their beliefs "fairy tale"...why? just because you dont believe in it is is fairy tale? your being as offensive as these offensive religious people you hate so much.you talk as if you want them silenced just so only your beliefs can be voiced and heard.

like i said before, believe in what you will and respect others choices of beliefs.

There is absolutely no way that you can call atheists influenced by fiction. In the worst case you can say that they are just realists. As such, religious people lose that argument right off.

I also call their believes fairy tales, because fairy tales are as real as the bible. In fact, I can supply far more evidence that dragons in specific are real than any religious person can provide for their chosen god/s being real.

I respect other's choice of beliefs, I just don't respect beliefs that try to impose their ways on others. Just be religious and leave everyone else out of it. I don't care if you believe in evolution, or the big bang theory, or how earth came to be or whatever, and I won't bother telling you to believe them or not that's your choice. As long as you keep quiet about it and don't try to ram your crap down my throat, I won't ram my "crap" down yours . THAT is the difference between an atheist and a religious person. They can't jsut shut up and be realistic, they have to quote fiction for one reason or another. They just need to learn to shut up, and atheists will leave them alone.

I'm fine with the religious people who just keep to themselves and don't go out and tell what homosexuals or women, or anyone else can and cannot do.

first id like to reaffirm that im not very religious.

and i didnt say atheists were influenced by fiction, i said calling religious beliefs "fairy tales" holds as much merit as them saying your beliefs are "fairy tales". you cant prove your beliefs anymore than they can prove theirs given the evidence you both have. you just end up calling each other liars and morons who believe in "fiction". its a vicious cycle. get over it, believe in what you will, and leave it at that. there will always be people on both sides who are over the top about their beliefs. atheists  to, they are all not the innocent people you believe they are.

and your also being as offensive these offensive religious people you hate by calling their beliefs "fairy tales" and "fiction". it isnt right to call someone beliefs "fiction" just because you dont believe in it. that is not respecting their beliefs, and that is as offensive as people calling you out on being atheist.

Around the Network
TX109 said:
mirgro said:
TX109 said:
mirgro said:

And that's why atheists are against religious people. They read it in a fairy tale and then they want to make everyone behave by it. I am sorry no, I don't want people who are so gullible as to fall for unicorns to dictate how people live their lives. Hence, it needs to stop. I don't want anything of them other than to shut the hell up and keep their fiction out of my reality. That's exactly the difference between the two. Religious people are offensive, while atheists are just playing defense. As I said, I can't give a damn about what someone believes, but apparently religious people really feel the need to tell me what to do according to them.

and im sure they dont want to be run by a bunch of "godless heathens". im sure they want you (and atheists) to keep your fiction out of their reality. at least try to think of it from their point of view.

and atheists are always defensive? what the hell are you doing then? you call their beliefs "fairy tale"...why? just because you dont believe in it is is fairy tale? your being as offensive as these offensive religious people you hate so much.you talk as if you want them silenced just so only your beliefs can be voiced and heard.

like i said before, believe in what you will and respect others choices of beliefs.

There is absolutely no way that you can call atheists influenced by fiction. In the worst case you can say that they are just realists. As such, religious people lose that argument right off.

I also call their believes fairy tales, because fairy tales are as real as the bible. In fact, I can supply far more evidence that dragons in specific are real than any religious person can provide for their chosen god/s being real.

I respect other's choice of beliefs, I just don't respect beliefs that try to impose their ways on others. Just be religious and leave everyone else out of it. I don't care if you believe in evolution, or the big bang theory, or how earth came to be or whatever, and I won't bother telling you to believe them or not that's your choice. As long as you keep quiet about it and don't try to ram your crap down my throat, I won't ram my "crap" down yours . THAT is the difference between an atheist and a religious person. They can't jsut shut up and be realistic, they have to quote fiction for one reason or another. They just need to learn to shut up, and atheists will leave them alone.

I'm fine with the religious people who just keep to themselves and don't go out and tell what homosexuals or women, or anyone else can and cannot do.

and i didnt say atheists were influenced by fiction, i said calling religious beliefs "fairy tales" holds as much merit as them saying your beliefs are "fairy tales". you cant prove your beliefs anymore than they can prove theirs given the evidence you both have. you just end up calling each other liars and morons who believe in "fiction". its a vicious cycle. get over it, believe in what you will, and leave it at that. there will always be people on both sides who are over the top about their beliefs. atheists  to, they are all not the innocent people you believe they are.

and your also being as offensive these offensive religious people you hate by calling their beliefs "fairy tales" and "fiction". it isnt right to call someone beliefs "fiction" just because you dont believe in it. that is not respecting their beliefs, and that is as offensive as people calling you out on being atheist.

That is false. I can prove my beliefs very easily, in fact they are all based on a few basic axioms. Religions don't even have that. In fact, my beliefs always hold true, absolutely always.

It's fiction if you have no backing for it whatsoever. As it stands, king arthur, robin hood, dragons, unicorns, trolls, ogres, etc. etc. have exactly as much backing as any given religion. It's just simple truth, and it's insulting only to those insecure in their own beliefs. I'd love to hear why the bible holds any more truth than say, Brothers Grimm, or Andersen.

mirgro said:
TX109 said:
mirgro said:
TX109 said:
mirgro said:

That is false. I can prove my beliefs very easily, in fact they are all based on a few basic axioms. Religions don't even have that. In fact, my beliefs always hold true, absolutely always.

It's fiction if you have no backing for it whatsoever. As it stands, king arthur, robin hood, dragons, unicorns, trolls, ogres, etc. etc. have exactly as much backing as any given religion. It's just simple truth, and it's insulting only to those insecure in their own beliefs. I'd love to hear why the bible holds any more truth than say, Brothers Grimm, or Andersen.

so, you have undeniable evidence that the entire universe exploded from a cell-cized ball of matter? where is your video footage of man evolving from a monkey?

look, im not going to say that any of what you believe is true or false. i will, however, respect your views and the views of others on this site. don't you dare begin to rant about those who are insecure, though. the only people ive seen spewing insults and attacks here are the atheists. if you are right, and know you are right, what is the point of lashing out at others who disagree? all i wanted to know at the beginning of this argument, and all i still want to know is why you people care so much about views you don't agree with? you people don't argue against religion so mush as you rudely belittle it.

there is absolutely no scientific evidence that says there can't be a god or some other higher being. in fact, the many processes and balances found in our universe suggest that there is something far greater than ourselves out there (this is at least what i believe). whatever the cause of the creation of our universe is, science cannot at this time and may never pinpoint just what that is. no one, creationist or atheist, has any right to say the other side is without a doubt wrong.

TX109 said:

so, you have undeniable evidence that the entire universe exploded from a cell-cized ball of matter? where is your video footage of man evolving from a monkey?

look, im not going to say that any of what you believe is true or false. i will, however, respect your views and the views of others on this site. don't you dare begin to rant about those who are insecure, though. the only people ive seen spewing insults and attacks here are the atheists. if you are right, and know you are right, what is the point of lashing out at others who disagree? all i wanted to know at the beginning of this argument, and all i still want to know is why you people care so much about views you don't agree with? you people don't argue against religion so mush as you rudely belittle it.

there is absolutely no scientific evidence that says there can't be a god or some other higher being. in fact, the many processes and balances found in our universe suggest that there is something far greater than ourselves out there (this is at least what i believe). whatever the cause of the creation of our universe is, science cannot at this time and may never pinpoint just what that is. no one, creationist or atheist, has any right to say the other side is without a doubt wrong.

I am fairly sure I haven't said anywhere that I think the big bang happened the way it happened. As for evolution though, it takes a single celled organism, like a bacteria, a few years to evolve and become resistant to antibiotics. So yes, evolution is actually happening right now to living beings as we speak. Of course a human is billions and billions of cells with dozens of different cells, so evolving, especially noticeably, would take a significantly longer time. Unless you are trying to imply that living organisms aren't evolving at this very moment.

If I am right and I know I'm right I don't want to put up with the bullshit of others, that's exactly the point. Religious people don't shut the fuck up and leave others alone. I would LOVE to be left alone to whatever I think, or in the case of homosexuals, do what I want to do. However it's religious people who are the ones who ram their shit down others' throats. Have you seen atheists demand any form of control over others' lives? Have you heard of atheists demanding control of a woman's body? Have you seen atheists put up singn and screaming about who I can and cannot have sex with? Have you seen atheists form mhuge campaigns to outlaw what I am allowed to imbibe? Or have you heard of atheists pushing for schools to teach Andersen as fact? Please inform me if you have, because I most certainly have never heard of atheists doing such ridiculous things. Only religious people try to pull that shit off, and they get away with it because they are allowed to push it of as their own "belief." Atheists don't want people to not be religious, they jsut want them to shut the fuck up and to be left alone.

As for god overall. Calculus and physics all existed before Newton came along, they just couldn't be proven yet. So I cannot say what is and isn't quite yet, maybe in a millenia or so. Though whatever race of supernatural being created us, they don't give two shits about us so we really shouldn't worry about them either and whether we should please them or some other such crap from one religion or another. Personally, I liked the Aztecs the most, you are going to hell unless some very extreme conditions were met. I really don't give a shit whether I am right or wrong, I just don't want gullible people (there has been a study shown that the more religious people show suspesion of disbelief occurs in religious people) who believe in fairy tales to tell me how to live my life.

P.S. You also haven't at all addressed why religious texts hold any more merit than Pipi Longstocking.

mirgro said:
TX109 said:

I am fairly sure I haven't said anywhere that I think the big bang happened the way it happened. As for evolution though, it takes a single celled organism, like a bacteria, a few years to evolve and become resistant to antibiotics. So yes, evolution is actually happening right now to living beings as we speak. Of course a human is billions and billions of cells with dozens of different cells, so evolving, especially noticeably, would take a significantly longer time. Unless you are trying to imply that living organisms aren't evolving at this very moment.

If I am right and I know I'm right I don't want to put up with the bullshit of others, that's exactly the point. Religious people don't shut the fuck up and leave others alone. I would LOVE to be left alone to whatever I think, or in the case of homosexuals, do what I want to do. However it's religious people who are the ones who ram their shit down others' throats. Have you seen atheists demand any form of control over others' lives? Have you heard of atheists demanding control of a woman's body? Have you seen atheists put up singn and screaming about who I can and cannot have sex with? Have you seen atheists form mhuge campaigns to outlaw what I am allowed to imbibe? Or have you heard of atheists pushing for schools to teach Andersen as fact? Please inform me if you have, because I most certainly have never heard of atheists doing such ridiculous things. Only religious people try to pull that shit off, and they get away with it because they are allowed to push it of as their own "belief." Atheists don't want people to not be religious, they jsut want them to shut the fuck up and to be left alone.

As for god overall. Calculus and physics all existed before Newton came along, they just couldn't be proven yet. So I cannot say what is and isn't quite yet, maybe in a millenia or so. Though whatever race of supernatural being created us, they don't give two shits about us so we really shouldn't worry about them either and whether we should please them or some other such crap from one religion or another. Personally, I liked the Aztecs the most, you are going to hell unless some very extreme conditions were met. I really don't give a shit whether I am right or wrong, I just don't want gullible people (there has been a study shown that the more religious people show suspesion of disbelief occurs in religious people) who believe in fairy tales to tell me how to live my life.

P.S. You also haven't at all addressed why religious texts hold any more merit than Pipi Longstocking.

i wasnt here to say who was right. the issue i am trying to address is the hypocrisy i see all too often. by coming here and calling other peoples beliefs "bullshit" and "fairy tales", you and a lot of others have become the very thing you hate. there are a lot of bad people who say and do terrible things in the name of religion, that much is true. what about those who arent bad? how do you think you make them feel when you act like this? you, for one, seemed pretty pissed when you thought i was calling your beliefs lies.

if you dont want to put up with other people, then dont. YOU can be the better person. YOU can decide whether their nonsense gets to you. ive never had a problem with someone i disagreed with.

do religious texts hold any merit? i don't know, i cant prove they do. that doesnt mean that im going to tell others that they are wrong, or stupid, or epic fail. 

Around the Network

Another thing most people don't realize is that atheism and evolution are in fact religions

TX109 said:
mirgro said:
TX109 said:

i wasnt here to say who was right. the issue i am trying to address is the hypocrisy i see all too often. by coming here and calling other peoples beliefs "bullshit" and "fairy tales", you and a lot of others have become the very thing you hate. there are a lot of bad people who say and do terrible things in the name of religion, that much is true. what about those who arent bad? how do you think you make them feel when you act like this? you, for one, seemed pretty pissed when you thought i was calling your beliefs lies.

if you dont want to put up with other people, then dont. YOU can be the better person. YOU can decide whether their nonsense gets to you. ive never had a problem with someone i disagreed with.

do religious texts hold any merit? i don't know, i cant prove they do. that doesnt mean that im going to tell others that they are wrong, or stupid, or epic fail. 

Because religion is based on fairy tales, no matter how one tries to spin the bible or the quran they will remain in the realm of fairy tales and fiction next to Robin Hood and King Arthur.

As for my beliefs, they really prove themselves, I was more offended that there exist people who can't see clearcut evidence when it's right in front of their eyes than by the fact somone disagreed with my "beliefs." Generally the people who disagree with my "beliefs" fall well into the uneducated category.

I don't want to put up with othe people, except they seem to make it my business to put up with them. When prohibition came around, who the fuck were the religious people to say I can't drink? Who the fuck are they to say I can't have sex with  certain person? Who the fuck are they to say what I can and cannot do with my body? Or what I can and cannot read or watch (Utah has outlawed pronographic magazines and movies)? You can't just disagree with a law cause then you end up in jail. If I want to get porn there is zero reason why I shouldn't be because some gullible, uneducated fuck read it in a book with the exact same merits as a fairy tale.

I can put up with religious people, in fact I have no problem with that, I just can't put up with them when they start spewing their bullshit all over me.

yo_john117 said:

Another thing most people don't realize is that atheism and evolution are in fact religions

Do explain. Why? Because I am not an evolutionary biologist, I can only assume that the people who are are correct? and because of that, I am putting the same faith in them that religious people put in the bible? I could see how that would make sense, but it isn't really relevant and if your trying to use that as an argument against atheism/evolution then  you've failed from the get go.

mirgro said:
TX109 said:
mirgro said:
TX109 said:

Because religion is based on fairy tales, no matter how one tries to spin the bible or the quran they will remain in the realm of fairy tales and fiction next to Robin Hood and King Arthur.

As for my beliefs, they really prove themselves, I was more offended that there exist people who can't see clearcut evidence when it's right in front of their eyes than by the fact somone disagreed with my "beliefs." Generally the people who disagree with my "beliefs" fall well into the uneducated category.

I don't want to put up with othe people, except they seem to make it my business to put up with them. When prohibition came around, who the fuck were the religious people to say I can't drink? Who the fuck are they to say I can't have sex with  certain person? Who the fuck are they to say what I can and cannot do with my body? Or what I can and cannot read or watch (Utah has outlawed pronographic magazines and movies)? You can't just disagree with a law cause then you end up in jail. If I want to get porn there is zero reason why I shouldn't be because some gullible, uneducated fuck read it in a book with the exact same merits as a fairy tale.

I can put up with religious people, in fact I have no problem with that, I just can't put up with them when they start spewing their bullshit all over me.

im done here. it seems all you wanted to do is vent on someone. just remember that when you get this bent out of shape over something this stupid, youre only making things worse for yourself.

good-bye.

im_sneaky said:
yo_john117 said:

Do explain. Why? Because I am not an evolutionary biologist, I can only assume that the people who are are correct? and because of that, I am putting the same faith in them that religious people put in the bible? I could see how that would make sense, but it isn't really relevant and if your trying to use that as an argument against atheism/evolution then  you've failed from the get go.

Actually I was just stating a fact that most people don't know about.  A religion is basically a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe...sounds like evolution to me...

Its just rather funny that atheists say they don't believe in religion yet most believe in evolution which is basically a religion.