By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Final Fantasy VII not aged well?

ShadowSoldier said:

Fuck...am I doing myself a disservice by not playing FF6?

Yeah. Yeah, you kind of are.

It's not guaranteed that you'll like it more than 7 or anything, but people appreciate the game almost universally when they play it.

You can wait for the remake, though. No rush.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Fuck...am I doing myself a disservice by not playing FF6?

Yeah. Yeah, you kind of are.

It's not guaranteed that you'll like it more than 7 or anything, but people appreciate the game almost universally when they play it.

You can wait for the remake, though. No rush.

Thing is...I made a thread about playing FF6 and Im not sure but I think it was you who told me to stop playing FF6 on PSX and try to track down the GBA version.....no luck

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:

Thing is...I made a thread about playing FF6 and Im not sure but I think it was you who told me to stop playing FF6 on PSX and try to track down the GBA version.....no luck

That'd be me, yeah. Your opitons are to either pirate the SNES/GBA version or wait for the remake, because the PSX version sucks way too much to play properly.

Sorry.

Khuutra said:
ShadowSoldier said:

That'd be me, yeah. Your opitons are to either pirate the SNES/GBA version or wait for the remake, because the PSX version sucks way too much to play properly.

Sorry.

Damn....oh well,..... here I come...

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
Khuutra said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Sorry.

Damn....oh well, [redacted]...

My official stance is that you shouldn't do that, and also that you should edit your intent out of your post before you get banned for it.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Khuutra said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Sorry.

Damn....oh well, [redacted]...

My official stance is that you shouldn't do that, and also that you should edit your intent out of your post before you get banned for it.

Yeah, sorry lapse in judgement.

leo-j said:
the music in FF VII is wack, well that's my opinion.. I believe the music in Kingdom Hearts tops any game.. and FF XIII has way better music than FF VII

I'm quitting VGChatz.

"Why does everyone ask about Chrono Trigger? (responding to a comment about the title being loved) That's not what the sales tell me! If people want a sequel, they should buy more!" - Square Enix Senior Vice President Shinji Hashimoto

The way I see it is that it's probably one of the worst aged of the Final Fantasy games. The 2D FFs have aged OK. Where they're 2D your own imagination can usually make up for any detail inaccuracies. FFVII on the other hand was the first 3D Final Fantasy. Poor graphics, sub-standard sound quality, blocky characters etc.But, because it's in 3D, your imagination can't just fill in the spatial and dimesional gaps. You have to take the ugly side of the graphics.

I still enjoy playing it, well, at least on PSP where the screen is nice and small, but the 2D backdrops and CGI sequences painted an absolutely amazing cyber punk world that I think many would like to see fully realised. Just look at Crisis Core of Advent Children and you'll see what I mean.

What? It's the greatest game of all time, with graphics that rival that of the HD twins and just the minigames are of better quality then most modern RPGs. The reason people wants it to be remade is because of the jumps in technology we've have, it's still freaking art to look at. Oh man, what can they do with that technology?

If anything they should remake FFVI, man that game looks ugly. Not sure if it'd help though, could ANYTHING save that abomination? I think not.

Khuutra said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Sorry.

What's wrong with the PSX version exactly?

Currently playing: Gran Turismo 5
Just finished:
Infamous 2