By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did Bayonetta sell badly?

I personally brought it (special edition too) but I had it on the PS3 and it felt so un polished and lacklustre I played it once for about an hour or 2 and sold it.

But over the last few weeks whenever I see it in a game shops its been heavily reduced in price, like too 14.99 brand new (thats on both PS3 and 360 as well). Did it sell badly?

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Around the Network
Brutalyst said:

I personally brought it (special edition too) but I had it on the PS3 and it felt so un polished and lacklustre I played it once for about an hour or 2 and sold it.

But over the last few weeks whenever I see it in a game shops its been heavily reduced in price, like too 14.99 brand new (thats on both PS3 and 360 as well). Did it sell badly?

Yes and it is a shame because the 360 version is really great.

The PS3 version is inferior... and it didn't helped...

http://www.destructoid.com/platinum-addresses-bayonetta-ps3-problems-blames-sega-149097.phtml

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Well it HAS sold over a million combined on PS360

This is a SEGA game that don't usually light up the world on fire nowadays in terms of sales, so I think its sold well.

It depends on how much they shipped though.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The strangest thing when I think about it, is the game seems to me like it would be most appealing to the Japan market (they like that weird stuff like that). But it was made on an XB360 then ported (very very poorly) to the PS3. The XB360 only has a small userbase in Japan compared to the PS3.

Do you think this hurt the games prospects?

Had it been optimised on the PS3 or even just ported considerably better I would have probably kept mine and played it till the end as it did seem a quirky game.

Ernest Hemmingway

Dunno really.

If Sega and Platnium Games expected 1 Mil sales across all platforms, then I guess you could say it did well because it met the Dev's predictions. But who knows, they might've expected 3 Mil which then means it did sell badly.

Around the Network

It's only been out since January and it's sold 590,000 on the 360 and 650,000 on the PS3. It could probably reach a million sold per platform by the end of the year. The PS3 port would have also cost a lot less to port considering it was a rubbish port and I'm betting it sold above their expectation's.

I don't get the problem with the PS3 version, I downloaded the patch and it ran perfectly.

So, no it didn't sell badly. It's sold decently and just because your country has price drop's it doesn't mean that the rest of the world has as well. It's still selling for $70 here in Australia.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Sardauk said:
Brutalyst said:

Yes and it is a shame because the 360 version is really great.

The PS3 version is inferior... and it didn't helped...

http://www.destructoid.com/platinum-addresses-bayonetta-ps3-problems-blames-sega-149097.phtml

Yep the PS3 version is inferior and yet the PS3 Version has outsold the X360 version so far WW...

Doobie_wop said:
It's only been out since January and it's sold 590,000 on the 360 and 650,000 on the PS3. It could probably reach a million sold per platform by the end of the year. The PS3 port would have also cost a lot less to port considering it was a rubbish port and I'm betting it sold above their expectation's.

I don't get the problem with the PS3 version, I downloaded the patch and it ran perfectly.

So, no it didn't sell badly. It's sold decently and just because your country has price drop's it doesn't mean that the rest of the world has as well. It's still selling for $70 here in Australia.

Dude JB Hi Fi and EB Games has Bayonetta on sale for $50 right now. In fact JB had in on $50 for at least two weeks or so and EB has just started their sale.

best selling platinum/clover game of all time. That alone is a success.

Doobie_wop said:

hmm, how much of a difference did the patch make?

As I must admit I would be tempted to try it again if it made a significant difference (seen as its so cheap :D)

Ernest Hemmingway