By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Any PS3 owners here planning to play KZ3, GT5 in 3D?

Killzone 3 has been confirmed to support 3D and it looks like Gran Turismo 5 will also support it...probably other titles will join in time...if you own a PS3, are you planning to get a 3DTV sometime in the future and take advantage of the 3D support?

By the end of the year I´ll probably be getting a 55" 3D LED HDTV (Samsung, it costs about $3,000.00) but nothing is set in stone right now.

Around the Network

don't get a samsung if you are going 3d..

trust me it's all depth not 3D

mM

No. If I bought a 3D T.V. that would litteraly break me. I'm not going to go broke,for a 3D T.V. lol.

leo, have you tried it? (I´m not doubting you, just curious).

Also, what tv would you recommend then?

yes I have tried it, and I don't know which you should get since that's the only one i've tried, but the SAMSUNG isn't really 3D, it's just depth.. its 3 dimensional inside the screen, its not like IMAX were it pops out of the screen and you feel like you can touch it..

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
don't get a samsung if you are going 3d..

trust me it's all depth not 3D

Sorry leo J, this isnt' correct. They are all the same tech and work pretty much the same.

If it was all "depth" then it wasn't the TV but the movie you were watching.  You prolly saw Monsters VS Aliens which is a 3D movie converted.

Samsung has an early advantage as they've been doing 3D with plasmas and DLPs sine 2007. I'd go with samsung over anything at the moment else to be honest...

OT - I may try it. I have a TV which will work but no PS3. If the games are mindblowing in 3D I'll get a PS3...but I am not holding my breath. If its not 80% as good as 3D vision on the PC I prolly wont bother

il be getting a 3dtv once they hit sub £1000

so KZ3 and GT5 will be played on my 42" plasma for now

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

JGarret said:

Killzone 3 has been confirmed to support 3D and it looks like Gran Turismo 5 will also support it...probably other titles will join in time...if you own a PS3, are you planning to get a 3DTV sometime in the future and take advantage of the 3D support?

By the end of the year I´ll probably be getting a 55" 3D LED HDTV (Samsung, it costs about $3,000.00) but nothing is set in stone right now.

Id strongly consider Plasma 3D tvs from Samsung or panasonic if you are considering spending that kind of money. They are simple beter for 3d:

1. Plasma TVs have pretty much instantaneous pixel refresh rates and this results in a lack of ghosting and blurring in fast motion videos. LCD's I saw (even LED ones) still have slight ghosting

2. Contrast - when you are flipping between 2 pictures for each eye per second you want as much contrast as you can get. Plasmas still rape LCD's in contrast.

3. Moving picture resolution - Plasamas are the only TV's on the market capable of delivering true 1080p resolution in 3D to each eye. The best LCDs can do 800 lines tops...

yea the movie I saw was monsters vs aliens..

mM

disolitude, thanks a lot for the tips...almost everything you said was completely unknown to me, I´ll keep that in mind when I go shopping for the thing.