By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone notice the double standard and the bias?

Condor1980 said:
"I haven't played Alpha Protocol yet, but I'm sure it will be a pretty good game that isn't as flawed as critics make it out to be"

Gave up reading right there. Telling people who have played it how it should be when you havent? Interesting outlook on life there

Haha, now that you put it that way I lol'd.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
maxxpower said:
Snesboy said:
I didn't read any reviews or previews before Fallout 3 came out. I played it like 8 months after it came out and the game blew me away. One of my favorites.

Fallout 3 was great but it was so damn depressing .

How was it depressing??

Please no spoilers as I haven't finished the main quest.

Not the story or ending by any means, what I meant was that the general atmosphere is depressing. The loneliness, the current state of the city, the 50's music on the radio. I was extremely thankful whenever I found signs of actual human civilization.

the best and only trustworthy review is your own.

i try not to take notice of reviewers when they pan games for no reason

OT. i want to play alpha protocol

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

maxxpower said:
Slimebeast said:
maxxpower said:
Snesboy said:
I didn't read any reviews or previews before Fallout 3 came out. I played it like 8 months after it came out and the game blew me away. One of my favorites.

How was it depressing??

Please no spoilers as I haven't finished the main quest.

Not the story or ending by any means, what I meant was that the general atmosphere is depressing. The loneliness, the current state of the city, the 50's music on the radio. I was extremely thankful whenever I found signs of actual human civilization.

If I was Bethesda I'd take that as a compliment. Or at least I would feel mission well done since the wasteland is meant to feel depressing when you wander around alone.

Welcome... to the MACHINE...

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network

Dude Fallout 3 was fucking amazing.

Alpha Protocol isn't out yet so how do you know its as good as fallout, or that the reviews are biased?

maxxpower said:
Snesboy said:

That's kinda the point...

AbbathTheGrim said:
CollectiveCynic said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
I just hope that you are not one of those people who cannot realize the greatness that Bethesda brought to the Fallout franchise and that are still crying because Interplay didn't get to make Fallout 3.

They shouldn't have made a Fallout sequel to begin with, it should've remained the way it is. Sometimes, some game series don't need a comeback, the results are usually quite bad.

See? The real name for this thread should be "Fallout 3 sucked and shouldn't have been made" instead of what you wrote. Obsidian = Interplay + Fallout = Bethesda.

I beg to differ with you, I am happy that Bethesda continued Fallout and thjat they have brought their gaming mechanics to Fallout. I recognize that there is a very deep and immersive storyline in the previous Fallouts that is not matched with Fallout 3 but I find that battle system boring as hell and what Bethesda did with Fallout 3 was taking that atmosphere and putting a battle system I could like (coming from someone who has been playing since the Super Nintendo and who is not a #1 fan of FPS).

Now that Obsidian and some of the people who used to work with the original Fallout are behind Fallout New Vegas we may see great things with them building up from that which Bethesda did.

You don't have to agree with me. Our opinions can exist at the same time. This is more like a space to express myself and enjoying while at it without having that asshole Ausir getting in conversation and abusing of his powers as administrator in trying to create the illusion that his OPINION (OPINION) is more valid than that of the rest. God, that guy is an asshole.

Hahahaha, calm down. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it cannot be contested or argued. I'm saying that you're an idiot for having an opposing view point. I've also never stated that Fallout 3 sucked, it was decent game but it simply did not live up to the classics. The combat was a joke, the combat for Fallout & Fallout 2 were fare more methodical and strategic. All I had to do is easily fire until my points are regained, and then use the VATS system. Another problem was the sense of isolation, the world was a barren wasteland that you had to struggle to survive. Items were scarce and you had to use them wisely, Fallout 3 is an all you can eat buffet with items in every corner of the game world.

Fallout 3 isn't a bad game, but it's awful for what it could've been. You may not agree with my views, that's okay. However, if you're going to argue, do it in with valid criticisms in your reply.

Chairman-Mao said:
Dude Fallout 3 was fucking amazing.

Alpha Protocol isn't out yet so how do you know its as good as fallout, or that the reviews are biased?

To me, it was far from a memorable and amazing experience. The game was just a watered down version of two classic RPGS from the late nineties. I'm not exactly sure If I would enjoy Alpha Protocol, but the criticisms I see against the game from critics, are rather weak. Not that I hate Fallout 3, I kinda liked it but I wish Bethesda just left the Fallout series alone and work on something new. I'm a huge fan of the first two Fallout games, some of my favorites. Not that I'm encouraging you to dislike Fallout 3 or to not like it as much the other two, hell, I wouldn't mind if you liked it more than the first two Fallouts. 

The issue is that Fallout had a great alternative to the standard aim which helped greatly improve the game