By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - M$ : E3 and there new studios?

I got a 360 for the strong WRPG line-up, which back then consisted out of Oblivion and Mass Effect as exclusives. I don't regret my decision as Oblivion wasn't released on the PS3 for one year, Mass Effect stayed console exclusive and along came Fable 2, Divinity 2, Two Worlds, temporarily exclusive Fallout 3 content, etc.

So the fact that Microsoft is bleeding exclusives doesnt bother me as Sony's exclusives dont interest me. But if Sony comes up with one or two good WRPG to combat Fable then Microsoft will lose a costumer. Because I don't regret buying my 360 but I can understand why new consumers would pick a PS3 over a 360.

Around the Network

whatever microsoft internal dev houses have i hope they show what they come up with also that studio that co developed by microsoft and peter jackson we know that their halo game based on the canceled movie was canned but they said they have another game to be shown so i hope they finally show it off also wit firebird game

This is some pretty amazing stuff, but don't get too excited.
Some people apparently don't like to see you getting overly happy.

kowenicki said:
Seece said:
I want to see what Big Park have been up to, Joy Ride was suppose to release last year, yet nothing on it.

I think after seeing mod nation racers, they went back to the drawing board.

I hope they looked at modnation racers and thought... you know what, theres no point.

kart racers should be instant pick up and play fun.

mario kart does this well... modnation doesnt get near it  imo.

OT.  I hope they do bring some new things to look forward to.

Yeah, joyride just looked crap to be honest, to top it off it was free, what's the point!?!

hey every once in awile it nice to get free stuff lol

Around the Network
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:
I want to see what Big Park have been up to, Joy Ride was suppose to release last year, yet nothing on it.

I think after seeing mod nation racers, they went back to the drawing board.

I hope they looked at modnation racers and thought... you know what, theres no point.

kart racers should be instant pick up and play fun.

mario kart does this well... modnation doesnt get near it  imo.

OT.  I hope they do bring some new things to look forward to.

Yeah, joyride just looked crap to be honest, to top it off it was free, what's the point!?!

$ from microtransactions

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Im really hoping to see some gameplay from firebirds game, I also want to hear what spawnpoint studios (another M$ dev who no ones mentioned yet) has to how aswell

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

Im hoping Rare has a title to show

I don't want to do promote my work, but I made a thread about a pretty similar topic before.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3377620&page=1&postnum=1

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

lostintheodyssey said:
Joelcool7 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Joelcool7 said:

I would really like to see a new IP for the X-Box. Thats the one thing Microsoft lacks solid first party IP's sure theirs Fable and Halo but most of the Microsoft IP's aren't system sellers and don't stand up to other first party titles from Nintendo or Sony. I would really like to see a new Microsoft platformer, seriously Blinx wasn't that great and with Mario owning the platform world I would love to see a new platformer

Im not trying to troll......But there still hasnt been an exclusive 1st party game from Sony that has even come close to Halo3, ODST or Gears 1 & 2

if those games arent system sellers I dont know what is

Your right they are system sellers. But honestly two system sellers versus like 5 or six for Sony and Nintendo. Look at Nintendo's system sellers many pushing 10-million units , Halo 3 is the only Microsoft title that I know of to actually make the ten million mark. Gears is beating some of Sony's IP's but again put it up against SmashBros, Zelda even MarioParty and you see it just isn't the strongest seller.

Sony has more IP's then Microsoft and Nintendo has more successful IP's then Microsoft. Some fresh new Microsoft IP's could come in real handy considering Microsoft's diminishing market shares!

You should probably take sony out of the equation when talking about system sellers.  The only game that they have that can be considered a system seller is Gran Turismo.  And according to vg chartz Gears beats not some but all of the ips that have been released by Sony so far by a good margin.

It's true that Sony and Nintendo have more ips than Microsoft but you have to take in to consideration the fact that they have been around a lot longer too.  They did not acquire everything they have in just one gen they had to build it up overtime.  Microsoft is doing the same thing Gears of War, Alan Wake, Crackdown, and Lost Odyssey are four quality titles that have been introduced this gen.  Halo, Fable, Project Gotham Racing, and Forza are four quality titles that Microsoft created last gen.  If they continue to introduce 3 or 4 quality titles each gen then Microsoft will have a portfolio of games that rivals Sony and Nintendo eventually.

But if you are talking purely sales than its apparent that Sony and Microsoft will continue to get left in the dust by Nintendo.  Nintendo has been around the longest and they own most of the software records. 

Microsoft's diminishing market shares probably has something to do with the fact that it is the oldest out of all the consoles and  it has made the fewest moves to increase interest at the moment.  Nintendo just released a new color for the wii which always increases sales and sony is still riding high off of the price drop, re design, and some of their high profile games like god of war 3 that saw its first appearance on the system recently.  I don't think it has anything to do with a lack of ip's.

But wait until e3 I'm sure all 3 companies will show off at least 1 or 2 new ips. 

This is all very true. On topic I hope Microsoft has a spectacular E3 because I think they need it the most out of the big three. Nintendo can't be touched and Sony has nothing to lose but everything to gain.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo