By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EUROGAMER Alpha Protocol Review -- 7/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/alpha-protocol-review?page=3

Final comments:

Like Worcester Sauce, Alpha Protocol's separate ingredients might be slightly unappetising, but they come together in a quietly effective manner. Unlike Worcester Sauce, it will certainly frustrate you more than it should, and in between the deathlike character models and bizarre misapplications of things like depth of field effects, it will struggle to convince you the team had enough time to finish it up.

But, if you're willing to put in the effort, it can steadily win you over. Obsidian can't really compete with the bigger boys in the RPG field, then, but it's carved out a little space to call its own. With ambition instead of budget, and integrity instead of polish, in the end the choice of whether to persevere or not is pretty easy to make.

7/10

Read our Scoring Policy

Sounds great, I might buy it!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Good enough. I already have it preordered... What else am I to play in June?

Crackdown 2 is July 6...and other goodies like Dead Rising 2 and in August.

CGI-Quality said:
I still may check this out at some point. It had my interest in the past, but of late, it's kind of died off.

For me I'm just looking for another WRPG I can fall in love with (after the terrific Oblivion), so any WRPG will do lol!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
CGI-Quality said:
I still may check this out at some point. It had my interest in the past, but of late, it's kind of died off.

For me I'm just looking for another WRPG I can fall in love with (after the terrific Oblivion), so any WRPG will do lol!

I'm gonna pass. Oblivion was great. Mass Effect was amazing. This is gonna feel worse than that score after playing the best WRPG's for many years recently.

SEGA Game.... will wait this out. They drop in price pretty fast.

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:
SEGA Game.... will wait this out. They drop in price pretty fast.

lol u kill me man lol, I swear you are religious in the price drop thing. I should learn from you

KotOR 2 didn't get the greatest reviews either, in fact Eurogamer gave it a 8 and edge gave it a 7, and it's one of may favorite games of all time. I keep my preorder intact.

I'm going to pass, too many games to play at the moment, and when I still have to finish Dragon Age Origins and start Fallout 3, why would I play this?

Darth can you please stop putting the score in the freaking thread title?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

at least 7/10 is better than the 2/10 from destructoid lol