By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just when you thought the eyetoy copying could not get any worse....

Ok so we all have known about how MS purposfully picked up Natal and it is basically an eyetoy with slightly more advanced technology, now if you did not think it was bad enough that MS is trying to make out that controlerless gaming has not done before, they go out and copy the name given to the move as we all know a wave is just a simple movement, not to mention the logo it uses looks like a wave.

MS are completely reliant on copying Sony at this stage, and it makes me wonder whther they will wait for Sony to announce their price first, and also copy that?? I would not be surprised.

Finally we all know Natal/Wave is only good for casual games so expect to see yet another ps move like controller out within the next 5 years once people find out just how gimmicky controlerless gaming really is.

Around the Network

who cares? its just a name, i'm eager to see what they do with it.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

RolStoppable said:

Is this confirmed or yet another rumor?

But either way Natal is not a copy of the Eyetoy. It uses different technology.

in that case ps move is not a copy of wiimote, mwhaha

FF_Fanatic said:

Ok so we all have known about how MS purposfully picked up Natal and it is basically an eyetoy with slightly more advanced technology, now if you did not think it was bad enough that MS is trying to make out that controlerless gaming has not done before, they go out and copy the name given to the move as we all know a wave is just a simple movement, not to mention the logo it uses looks like a wave.

MS are completely reliant on copying Sony at this stage, and it makes me wonder whther they will wait for Sony to announce their price first, and also copy that?? I would not be surprised.

Finally we all know Natal/Wave is only good for casual games so expect to see yet another ps move like controller out within the next 5 years once people find out just how gimmicky controlerless gaming really is.

1. Comparing EyeToy to Natal on a technological scale isn't fair. Natal isn't just "slightly more advanced" than EyeToy. It's significantly more advanced. Hell, you could have at least compared it to the PlayStation Eye.

2. I wasn't aware that Sony pioneered the invention of the camera. It's not as though Natal even uses the same technology as the EyeToy or PlayStation Eye. I swear you're as bad as the people who claim that PlayStation Move is a ripoff of the Wii Remote despite working completely differently and being shown in development years before the Wii Remote was even announced.

3. Suggesting that Microsoft "stole" the name Wave from Sony is stupid. I shouldn't even have to comment on it. It's not even confirmed that that will be the name of it. It's still just a bloody rumor.

4. Microsoft has already made it quite clear that they are developing games and marketing Natal for the casual audience. If those are the only sorts of games that work well with it then it's going exactly the way Microsoft planned it to go. And who's to say that "gimmicky controllerless gaming" can't be hugely successful among the casual market? Perhaps the only reason why the EyeToy didn't set the world aflame like the Wii did is because Sony never marketed the device correctly.

RolStoppable said:
FF_Fanatic said:
RolStoppable said:

in that case ps move is not a copy of wiimote, mwhaha

We'll see who has the last laugh.

no i made this thread on purpose because i knew the wii fans would not back us up and still claim ps move is a copy and wave is not a copy, just because they are hypocrites.

so it's ok for you lot to go around saying ooh natal is great it's never been done before, when it has and natal is just another camera, just like the eyetoy regardless of differences eyetal is eyetoy with 3D tech.

finally eyetoy did not fail it sold 10 million, not bad considering it was not marketed much, but i suppose compared to the wiimote it's nothing right???

no one cares about how natal copied eyetoy wheras everyone hates ps move just for looking like the wiimote, there you go i made my point

Around the Network

We'll see but this "copying" thing is no biggie.....do people still go on about how everyone copied the original SNES controllers basic layout? no they don't

I think there was a personal agenda made with this thread

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

They copied...the name? Really? What if Wave refers to, you know, those things surfers loves. Sure, the waves "moves", but if everything that moves is now a copy of Move...

Wait...Wave as in Waving your hands! "See, no controller, no controller"! God, that could make some awesome Natal/Wave commercials...hm...

If something didn't sell well then you wouldn't bother copying it.

So motion control is copied from Nintendo.

And therefore I don't think Natal is a copy of eyetoy.

RolStoppable said:

It might be different technology but they still pretty much do the samething they both tracks body movements but of coarse Natal is more improved.

The move it has different tech than the wiimote but they both do the samething.