By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Xbox Live Ad problem - It's back!!

themanwithnoname said:
Garnett said:
Im having problems with other ads, i keep getting stupid ads with sound, so i cant even listen to music without hearing about shampoo.

:(

Same here. What's really dumb is that it's multiple ads all with sound at the same time.

lol yeah, and the worst part is you cant turn them off or mute them.

Around the Network
Garnett said:
themanwithnoname said:
Garnett said:
Im having problems with other ads, i keep getting stupid ads with sound, so i cant even listen to music without hearing about shampoo.

Same here. What's really dumb is that it's multiple ads all with sound at the same time.

Firefox + Adblock Plus + NoScript

get that F@#in shit outta here , you cant even close it wtf .

ive never see such a poorly run advertisement on a website does vg staff not realize its a complete turn off to the site , again get it OFF!!! or make it manageable ... you cant read anything

Diablerie said:
Garnett said:
themanwithnoname said:
Garnett said:

Firefox + Adblock Plus + NoScript

I actually just now started using Adblock, just because of these annoying ads.

ya these XBL ones are annoying, I have to dublicate tab ever other thread

Around the Network

I'm pissed off about this ad too. It keeps me from being able to read the forum posts. Though I haven't heard the shampoo ad yet. Its one thing to sell ad space on a site but to place the ads overtop of peoples conversations is just plain wrong. I hope that VGChartz does something about this!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

its still there for me

What bugs me is that these horrible ads aren't some isolated incident. Having a huge amount of ads, some of which play sound or block the forums simply hurts the reputation and apparent legitimacy of VGC. Bombarding users with unmuteable and ads that block site content is not the way to improve your image.

Not to mention that someone closed the original thread I made about this (link in the OP) without saying anything about the issue. That's a pretty shady way of trying to deal with things.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I am also experiencing this ad problem. I don't understand why VGchartz has the most obnoxious ads; I really hope this doesn't last long.

This is getting ridiculous. Just when I think that somebody finally fixed the problem, they're put back on? You've got to be kidding me.