By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Another BET: Ps3 vs Wii60

ils411 said:
so much negativity in this thread. funny also that the negativeness are coming from known xbox360 supporters. why so much bitterness?

@ Rickz0r, given the current sales ratio of all three consoles, assumeing E3 generates the same sales boost for all three consoles, ps3 would most probably reach 40m before the xbox360 reaches 44.25m an the wii 78m. but if ms pulls it off with natal, it could be very close.

If the three consoles all get a equal boost (In %), then the Ps3 would not reach its target before the other 2 do..

The Ps3 takes the longest to reach its target at this rate.. The same goes for when all 3 get a equal boost..

Around the Network
Seece said:
ils411 said:
so much negativity in this thread. funny also that the negativeness are coming from known xbox360 supporters. why so much bitterness?

@ Rickz0r, given the current sales ratio of all three consoles, assumeing E3 generates the same sales boost for all three consoles, ps3 would most probably reach 40m before the xbox360 reaches 44.25m an the wii 78m. but if ms pulls it off with natal, it could be very close.

LOL, bitter? bitter about what?

i wouldn't know, i'm not you people. so, you tell me where all this negativity and bitterness is coming from. could it be

1. relationship problem?

2. monetary problem?

3. weather, which is currently really hot?

4. lakers lost?

5. not enough sex?

6. too mcuh sex?

7. etc etc

for issues of negativity and bitterness, i recommend you play street fighter II the world warriors, then play as guile up to the car bonus stage then do a freeze move! really awsome stuff.

ils411 said:
Seece said:
ils411 said:

LOL, bitter? bitter about what?

i wouldn't know, i'm not you people. so, you tell me where all this negativity and bitterness is coming from. could it be

1. relationship problem?

2. monetary problem?

3. weather, which is currently really hot?

4. lakers lost?

5. not enough sex?

6. too mcuh sex?

7. etc etc

for issues of negativity and bitterness, i recommend you play street fighter II the world warriors, then play as guile up to the car bonus stage then do a freeze move! really awsome stuff.

First of all you need to understand what the word bitterness means, just because I said this was a "boring bet" which franky it is, doesn't mean I'm bitter.

Rickz0r said:
ils411 said:

If the three consoles all get a equal boost (In %), then the Ps3 would not reach its target before the other 2 do..

The Ps3 takes the longest to reach its target at this rate.. The same goes for when all 3 get a equal boost..

Last Full-Week Sales

Wii: 165,075
PS3: 124,088
X360: 90,885

To Reach Target (at Current Rates):

Wii: (78,000,000-71,172,672)/165,075  = 41.35 weeks to target
PS3: (40,000,000-34,971,998)/124,088 = 40.51 weeks to target
X360: (44,250,000-39,959,881)/90,885 = 47.20 weeks to target

As you can see, the PS3 is not a clear loser. It is, in fact, the slight favourite. Also, if they all get equal boosts, it doesn't change who reaches their target first. It would just reduce the time for all of them equally (in terms of %). If they all doubled in sales, the PS3 would take 20.25 weeks, Wii 20.67 and X360 23.60 weeks. The PS3 is actually favourite at current rates.

Let's have a look!

Distance to the goal:

Wii: 6.83 million

Ps3: 5.03 million

X360: 4.29 million

If they all reach the goals at the same time, the marketshare would be as follows

Wii: 42.3%

Ps3: 31.1%

X360: 26.6%

This year, the marketshare has been

Wii: 45.3%

Ps3: 31.2%

X360: 23.3%

Looking at just that, the Wii should reach it first, then the Ps3, then the X360.

Around the Network

The amounts are very specific and it's a rather meaningless bet.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

i do think you will when your bet.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i already made a thread askin this same question, but i do think you will when your bet.

...the hell are you talking about?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Rickz0r said:
Why are you guys so negative? E3 is coming.. Everything could happen! It's gonna take 30 + weeks before any of the 3 targets will come close to its target..

Dont swet it.

You might be treated like this for some time to come yet. untill people discover weather you are stark raving mad. Like i can be. but i dont really post any more or make threads because it never ends well lmao.

Or you can be clever and make predictions that are correct that people didnt see coming.

Or you can just be boring and make predictions which are like 100% going to come true. Hence why you are getting backlash

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

dtewi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
 i do think you will when your bet.

...the hell are you talking about?

something. you don't realise that it's possible? wow! it's just alittle more then 5m units for both consoles? the ps3 has made up more ground than that and your skeptical? shocking! (sarcasm) well i guse i shouldn't expect more. this is the PS3 were talking about? well. i'll end this like i normaly do.

2011 predictions

Wii 100m

PS3 62m

360 58m

but i realy don't care