By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Another BET: Ps3 vs Wii60

I think that the Ps3 can reach 40 million before either the 360 can reach 44.25 million, and the Wii can reach 78 million. 

This bet is just for amusements, and is not intended to create fanboy discussions. What I do like to see, however, are normal sales discussions. 

Just to make everything clear: I mean that the Ps3 will reach the 40 million mark before:

The 360 reaches 44.25 million OR the Wii reaches 78 million. If you're going to look at how the consoles sell currently, then the Ps3 is the (clear) loser.

Who would like to take the bet?

(Edited typo's)

Around the Network

I don't get it... these are such trivial bets.

IMO you should make a thread about bets when you are actually taking some risk...

What a boring bet ...

disolitude said:
I don't get it... these are such trivial bets.

IMO you should make a thread about bets when you are actually taking some risk...

Are you saying that I have to make ridiculous predictions like: Ps3 to reach 40 million before Wii reaches 75 million? At this point, I'm losing the bet.. And since there are alot of people hyping Natal, Move and a new Wii model everything could happen. This bet isn't made to actually win it. It is actually created to forge a discussion. Maybe I just should've made it a statement, a prediction perhaps, instead of a bet.. But a bet is far more interesting for people to visit anyway..

Why are you guys so negative? E3 is coming.. Everything could happen! It's gonna take 30 + weeks before any of the 3 targets will come close to its target..

Around the Network
Rickz0r said:
Why are you guys so negative? E3 is coming.. Everything could happen! It's gonna take 30 + weeks before any of the 3 targets will come close to its target..

30+ weeks will be January time .. all those will happen way before that.

Wups, I meant at current rate, but EVEN I ( =P ) know that's gonna change when E3 has come and the holidays begin..

so much negativity in this thread. funny also that the negativeness are coming from known xbox360 supporters. why so much bitterness?

@ Rickz0r, given the current sales ratio of all three consoles, assumeing E3 generates the same sales boost for all three consoles, ps3 would most probably reach 40m before the xbox360 reaches 44.25m an the wii 78m. but if ms pulls it off with natal, it could be very close.

The PS3 reaching that figure before Xbox is highly probable. Wii however depends. PS3 is beginning to semi-approach Wii sales.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

ils411 said:
so much negativity in this thread. funny also that the negativeness are coming from known xbox360 supporters. why so much bitterness?

@ Rickz0r, given the current sales ratio of all three consoles, assumeing E3 generates the same sales boost for all three consoles, ps3 would most probably reach 40m before the xbox360 reaches 44.25m an the wii 78m. but if ms pulls it off with natal, it could be very close.

LOL, bitter? bitter about what?