By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BET: MNR to outsell Alan Wake!

I believe that with some nice legs, MNR has a nice shot at beating AW's sales WW.

Any1 would like to take the bet?

The bet will end on the very beginning of the next year. EDIT: OR until we have a clear winner

Around the Network
Rickz0r said:

I believe that with some nice legs, MNR has a nice shot at beating AW's sales WW.

The bet will end on the very beginning of the next year.

I would be suprised if MNR did not outsell AW and for referrence I own a 360.

Alan Wake is a good game but obviously the concept hasn't appealed to the EU gamer. Where as MNR is a proven concept it is hard to imagine it failing more then AW.

I would be surprised aswell.. But I think alot of guys would take the bet If I asked it before either of the 2 launched.

Uhm.. what does MNR stand for exactly?

^ Modnation Racers

And MNR will most definitely outsell AW.

Around the Network
Rickz0r said:
I would be surprised aswell.. But I think alot of guys would take the bet If I asked it before either of the 2 launched.

Probably, but the response on a gameforum such as this one is never a good indication of how well a game will sell. We're among gamers and they buy more games. The average consumer doesn't want to spend the full price on Alan Wake without multiplayer and a long single player campaign as that means they wont have anything left for games that do last.

MNR is one of those games you can keep going back to and play as much as you like, if it doesn't sell well initially then the legs will still be good once word gets around.

Hard to tell, but it'll be funny if MNR pulls it off.

maximus22 said:
^ Modnation Racers

And MNR will most definitely outsell AW.

Lol i was almost poking my brains out but now it makes sense though. And it will definitely outsell Alan wake, maybe not first week but it will have much better legs. 

It's simple really: Alan Wake is the type of game that one person buys and then lends to his friends, or gets it as a rental, no real replay value, singleplayer only.

Modnation however is the game that someone buys and than gets his friends to buy it aswell to join community, and with almost unending replay value as a multiplayer game.

kowenicki said:
Grey21 said:
Rickz0r said:

The bet will end on the very beginning of the next year.

I would be suprised if MNR did not outsell AW and for referrence I own a 360.

Alan Wake is a good game but obviously the concept hasn't appealed to the EU gamer. Where as MNR is a proven concept it is hard to imagine it failing more then AW.

well it failed to jump the first hurdle... opened with a smaller week than AW did in EU.  

That's to be expected though.   Alan Wake had 5 years of "best of x360" hype while MNR was announced less than a year ago.  Modnation will have big legs while Alan Wake will putter out quick. 

Hmm... MNR will have some badass legs. One of the few great PS3 games that supports 4 players offline. I hope Alan Wake has good legs as well, it's sad to see sucha impressive game sell so poorly.