By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mortal Kombat 9 - 2D?

Mortal Kombat 9 - 2D?

Yes! 37 64.91%

No! 7 12.28%

Maybe 13 22.81%

Total:57
disolitude said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
disolitude said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
IMHO I hate the idea :( seriously...I have a feeling they gonna make it a sf4 clone and destroy the legacy...but too early to tell

and yea DC vs MK SUCKED

No it didn't. It was a good fun game from a studio/publisher that was going bankrupt at the time...

Maybe for you, but to me the fighting mechanics were really lousy tbh...got bored with it real fast...the best thing about the whole game was the Joker! felt like a game that was running mainly on the fame of the characters, batman vs scorpian? woooh interesting indeed...but it lacked 'soul' for me..sorry I dunno really how to tell how I felt about it ...it felt desperate

And ofcourse it would sell well! it's targeted at fans of two hugely popular franchises...put a game like MS vs Sony, Mario vs Kratos! it will sell way more..but compared to fighters like Tekken, SF, Blazblue, tetsunoko that game was just meh

I 'personally' sincerely hope it doesn't take the same route again...MK4 ftw! But like I said, too early to tell so who knows they might make a great game afterall but I have my doubts

It wasn't a hardcore fighter by any means... but the single player story mode was entertaining (and better than a lot of other hard core fighters) and the multiplayer had some nice laughs. Not all fighters need to have super ultra combo parry systems to be enjoyed IMO

lol not at all..Tekken and VF doesn't have those ultra combo parry stuff (at least not THAT much) either...for me the mechanics itself were rather meh..was it entertaining? Hell yeah! Shazaaaam in your FACE JOKER! lol but still as a fighter, me and my friends were rather dissapointed...

But not to say that is the case for 'everyone' ..I'm sure there were some who enjoyed it much more than me :) this is just personal experience

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

My favorite MK games were 2 and 3. So, a return to those styles and characters (even new ones) would be good to me.

Bring back Babalities and Friendships.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

I don't care, so long as it's good.

Pixel Art can be fun.

i was hoping for it to be 3d and as gritty an gears ans KZ. you know. and to be able to pound the heads into walls with blood splattering everywhere. The hasnt been a game like that yet. and i want MK to be the first game to do it.

That being said i would love another 2d MK. if done right of course

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Mortal Kombat? meh.

disolitude said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
IMHO I hate the idea :( seriously...I have a feeling they gonna make it a sf4 clone and destroy the legacy...but too early to tell

and yea DC vs MK SUCKED

No it didn't. It was a good fun game from a studio/publisher that was going bankrupt at the time...

Yeah they made is so awesome and console ready it's unplayable on arcade stick ;)

MK vs DC was real crap. Only fightning game i have in my collection that wasn't worth even putting 5 hours into it.

Maybe if we put it into vacuum it could defend itself as a average game but when confronted with behemoths like SF, BB, Capcom vs or even average SC IV or T6 it was easily worst one of them.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

at least the movie was good xD

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

yes plz go back the way MK triology was.

Hope so, every 3D MK game sucked (except Deadly Alliance)

Go back to the good 2D days with bloody fatalities, friendships, animalities and babilties

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)