By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mortal Kombat 9 - 2D?

Mortal Kombat 9 - 2D?

Yes! 37 64.91%

No! 7 12.28%

Maybe 13 22.81%

Total:57

A new Mortal Kombat is due this winter, Warner Bros are now the owners.

There has been a lot of hints this iteration will be 2D and a LOT faster than pervious games. Going back to it's gory roots.

Is this what we want?

Around the Network

Sounds like a winner to me.

... Yes?

HOW about 2.5D

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

2D is perfect.

Also they need to make combos more chunky. I hate this tap tap tap...tap tap bullshit.

I'm talking spear, upercut, backwards teleport punch, kick while in the air...
Basically they have to remake MK2 for me to be happy :)

Around the Network

IMHO I hate the idea :( seriously...I have a feeling they gonna make it a sf4 clone and destroy the legacy...but too early to tell

and yea DC vs MK SUCKED

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
IMHO I hate the idea :( seriously...I have a feeling they gonna make it a sf4 clone and destroy the legacy...but too early to tell

and yea DC vs MK SUCKED

No it didn't. It was a good fun game from a studio/publisher that was going bankrupt at the time...

disolitude said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

and yea DC vs MK SUCKED

No it didn't. It was a good fun game from a studio/publisher that was going bankrupt at the time...

Sold pretty well too! 2 mill +

disolitude said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

and yea DC vs MK SUCKED

Maybe for you, but to me the fighting mechanics were really lousy tbh...got bored with it real fast...the best thing about the whole game was the Joker! felt like a game that was running mainly on the fame of the characters, batman vs scorpian? woooh interesting indeed...but it lacked 'soul' for me..sorry I dunno really how to tell how I felt about it ...it felt desperate

And ofcourse it would sell well! it's targeted at fans of two hugely popular franchises...put a game like MS vs Sony, Mario vs Kratos! it will sell way more..but compared to fighters like Tekken, SF, Blazblue, tetsunoko that game was just meh

I 'personally' sincerely hope it doesn't take the same route again...MK4 ftw! But like I said, too early to tell so who knows they might make a great game afterall but I have my doubts

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
disolitude said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

and yea DC vs MK SUCKED

Maybe for you, but to me the fighting mechanics were really lousy tbh...got bored with it real fast...the best thing about the whole game was the Joker! felt like a game that was running mainly on the fame of the characters, batman vs scorpian? woooh interesting indeed...but it lacked 'soul' for me..sorry I dunno really how to tell how I felt about it ...it felt desperate

And ofcourse it would sell well! it's targeted at fans of two hugely popular franchises...put a game like MS vs Sony, Mario vs Kratos! it will sell way more..but compared to fighters like Tekken, SF, Blazblue, tetsunoko that game was just meh

I 'personally' sincerely hope it doesn't take the same route again...MK4 ftw! But like I said, too early to tell so who knows they might make a great game afterall but I have my doubts

It wasn't a hardcore fighter by any means... but the single player story mode was entertaining (and better than a lot of other hard core fighters) and the multiplayer had some nice laughs. Not all fighters need to have super ultra combo parry systems to be enjoyed IMO