By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Little story about Target.

So I walk into Target to get the few things we forgot for our wedding this weekend and go check out the games like always. So as I am standing  there, when one of there staff ask if I am looking for anything . I ask if they had any copies of Resident Evil:UC for the Wii. He looks at me strangely for a moment and then says that game was only made for the X-Box 360. When I said he was wrong he fought about it and said he would go pull it up on thier system. Well being in a rush for time I said thanks for the help and walked off. I understand its a job and they might not know everything but I expext a certain level of knowledge. I am a grocery manager and a very picky eater. So I dont eat half the crap people ask me for but I know where it is located and if I dont carry that item, I know if I can get it. Am I they only one that wants a certain level of knowledge from people who work in stores?

Around the Network

Most people who work in retail are not very knowledgable on the items they are selling

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Yeah, he should not have argued with you. He should have heard your rebuttal and said "ok, let me check". That would have been the appropriate and professional thing to do.

It seems people are afraid to say "I don't know" but there is no excuse for telling people things which are outright false. Most likely the salesperson was an xbot trying to discourage Wii sales.

I asked about Nunchucks in a Game store and the guy said they didn't have any and that few places in the UK have any (this was true at the time)

After that i asked when the price dropped on the nunchuck because in 3 Game stores in Sheffield i had seen it for £18, yet this one in Leeds had it at £15 (the same price as most other stores)....apparently it has always been priced at £15 in Game according to him, so either he was lying or for some reason different stores mark the price up higher.

Around the Network

The day before Super Mario Galaxy was released I went into my local Blockbusters to see if it was being sold early and asked if Mario was out, after the assistant asked "what game is Mario" and I replied Super Mario Galaxy she asked what system it was on and then told me it was out in 8 days time!

I don't really mind if they don't know about all the products, I don't expect them to have a full review of Chicken Shoot. However, if they give you false information, that's inexcusable.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

This is why I never base my opinion of a store on one person or a restaurant on it's waitress/waiter. Good help is hard to find at the wages companies are willing to pay. The best knowledge is your own!

On a related note. In Dekalb, IL (USA) where my wife and I went out to Target the morning of Black Friday, the staff was excellent. There were about 200 people in line when we arrived. When the doors finally opened 30 minutes later, we were now in the middle of the line with about 200 people behind us. And all of the losers who were waiting in their cars thinking they could just rush to the doors when they opened were sorely mistaken. They were all told to get to the back of the line! It was the best Black Friday experience I have ever had. And they even gave us a goodie bag with snacks while we waited outside.

http://www.subodesign.com

Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Ghost Squad, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Wii Play

I guess after the game at Gamestop asked me what Zack and Wiki was when I went looking for that game, this stuff just bothers me even more now. I have a Toys R Us 2 minutes away but I go to the one 20 minutes away because they actually know more about games. Anyone else have favorite stores from big chains they prefer to go to also?

darkside140 said:
I guess after the game at Gamestop asked me what Zack and Wiki was when I went looking for that game, this stuff just bothers me even more now. I have a Toys R Us 2 minutes away but I go to the one 20 minutes away because they actually know more about games. Anyone else have favorite stores from big chains they prefer to go to also?

My favorite place would be a Toys R Us 5 minutes away from where I live. The guys in the videogame section are nice and know about quite a lot the games they sell. One time a while when I went there for Metriod prime 3 the guy said it was the best game on the Wii so far and I remember that exact quote from IGN's MP3 review. I guess that guy looks up info at IGN.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.