By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wear Glasses? Fix your eyes without surgery?

Faxanadu said:
whats so bad about glasses?

They are expensive, you only have good vision in the area where your eye is looking through the lense.  They can also be lost or broken and can fall off depending on whats going on and stuff and can fog up. 

One thing that is good though is that they are eye protection.  I know a guy who got hit in the eye by a flying nail that got hit by a hammer but it just bounced off his glasses. 

PC Gamer
Around the Network

If I was going to try this, I'd do one eye first and then wait a year to see if there were any side effects. If there are side effects, oh well, I'll look good in an eye patch.

Either way, I'll get to wear a monocle for a year, which will go great with that handlebar mustache I've been meaning to grow.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

I think I will stick with my glasses or contacts. I need my eyes for gaming!

I just gonna keep using contacts and stay away from this kind of stuff until its perfected and I don't have to worry about losing my sight.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
Faxanadu said:
whats so bad about glasses?

You look like nerd. You don't want to look like a nerd.

This thing looks a bit fake to me. I don't know, you can get a good laser surgery here for around $500 bucks. I prefer the surgery.

Around the Network

I agree with Onna but my eyes are quite okay for now, if it get worse I maybe try to do this for one eye (it it fails I still have one eye).

mancandy said:
Looks a little....sketchy....

What do you mean? You just point the ultrasonic machine towards your brain and Hit the Go Button or whatever and you know, what could go wrong>?

actually this sounds like a fairly reasonable treatment. If I recall correctly, most degenerating myopia is supposed to be from the lens of the eye stiffening, and from what they said, it's basically supposed to massage some flexibility back into the lens. This probably means that you could use this as a yearly therapy as well and not even need to worry about a major recovery period after each use.

Lasic surgery basically burns the back of your cornea, and requires that you wear special glasses for something like 3 - 6 months after the initial surgery or risk causing permanent damage. I know cause my dad had been planning on getting it, but the risks during that time were just too high.

this looks far less invasive, and as near as i can tell is basically just a massage therapy for your eyes. Nothing gets cut or burned or warped, merely relaxed.

Still, the cynic in me is going to hold off on this until we see a bit more testing being done and some more supporting recommendations from unconnected 3rd parties.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Based on the physics of how how corrective vision works (i.e. refractive index of lenses/contacts/eyeball), I have a hard time believing that some sort of ultrasonic wave is gonna make your eye all better.

There's way too much fake science out there for the average person who doesn't know that much about it.