By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guerilla: Killzone 3 “pushes 100%” of PS3’s max SPU load

Kushalafang said:
disolitude said:
lol. PS3 devs sure know how to feed the fanboys with their press statements...

Are you being sarcastic? Or does the irony of your statement elude you?

I'm wondering if you actually understood what he meant.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
huaxiong90 said:
But will it be fully optimized is the question.

No. Leave that to Uncharted 3.

Yep, can't wait to see what they do with Uncharted 3. I'm hoping for a desert environment.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Lol, Then Uncharted 3 should use about...120%?

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

disolitude said:

Valve did the same, see my sig.  Anyway, any time a dev says that a game's visuals will eclipse earlier games, you could say they are trying to rile the fanbase.  See Epic's statements about UT3 and then about Gears 2, Turn 10's bragging about F3, etc.  Point being, it's not a PS3 thing.

Statements about SPU use are admittedly vague; no one knows if the speaker is saying what we think they may be saying.  There seems to be some multi-plat dev consensus that the SPUs offer a lot available power although they can be tough to tap, when compared to what the 360's cpu offers.  Again see the Valve sig.

"lol."?  You are neglecting that most people will see this as significant just because it means KZ3 may be likely to surpass the already-great graphics we've seen from PS3 exclusive.  Go ahead and jump on the SPU percentage statement if you want, though you have to be motivated to do so for some reason...

my bullcrap sense is tingling!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

Dunno nor do i care how much they use....use 500% for all i care...make the game BEAUTIFUL! that's all that matters to me

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
disolitude said:

Valve did the same, see my sig.  Anyway, any time a dev says that a game's visuals will eclipse earlier games, you could say they are trying to rile the fanbase.  See Epic's statements about UT3 and then about Gears 2, Turn 10's bragging about F3, etc.  Point being, it's not a PS3 thing.

Statements about SPU use are admittedly vague; no one knows if the speaker is saying what we think they may be saying.  There seems to be some multi-plat dev consensus that the SPUs offer a lot available power although they can be tough to tap, when compared to what the 360's cpu offers.  Again see the Valve sig.

"lol."?  You are neglecting that most people will see this as significant just because it means KZ3 may be likely to surpass the already-great graphics we've seen from PS3 exclusive.  Go ahead and jump on the SPU percentage statement if you want, though you have to be motivated to do so for some reason...

you are completely right...however this has to be somesort of a record. Like the game wasn't even properly announced, and already there is talk of maxing out the PS3.

All the other guys at least showed some footage when they were doing their press work.

“You see there’s steam coming out of the machine, almost."

YLOD alert

(I have no idea how ylod is caused btw :-p)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

disolitude said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
disolitude said:

you are completely right...however this has to be somesort of a record. Like the game wasn't even properly announced, and already there is talk of maxing out the PS3.

All the other guys at least showed some footage when they were doing their press work.

They did an 'official" announcement/press release and ALSO they invited and showcased the game to media reps (check IGN preview for example)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

disolitude said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
disolitude said:

Heh, yeah that's true there's not even any video yet.  Still, 1) I'm not sure that any video can prove whether the PS3 is maxed ;) and 2) we'll be able to dig up statements of devs for years afterward and make the devs eat crow if the statements turn out untrue, even if no video was available when the statements were made.

Let's agree to check in 2 years whether Guerilla and Turn 10 were accurate in their statements and implications about KZ3 and Forza 3!